Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
just started reading this thread.

that 39 ford is awesome..... is it still around? yeah I saw it was posted in sept.

the 2000 tj isn't bad.

--Sherpa

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
just started reading this thread.

that 39 ford is awesome..... is it still around? yeah I saw it was posted in sept.

--Sherpa
Haven’t seen it lately. Guy only pulls out his cars during summer. Below 70degrees is brutal for them. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I think people are starting to realize 1980's and 1990's "junk" is built a lot more durable than any vehicle built today (or after 2006ish IMO). I Have to constantly remind the kid at work (born 1996) that my old "junk" has already lasted longer than all the new cars he worships will ever last. Cars built today will be in the junk yard long before my old trucks.

The only problem I see is most mechanics trained in the last 10 years don't know how to diagnose an OBDI or earlier vehicle. So be prepared to DIY or find a good shop that works on older stuff (like my shop does).

I pointed that out to a liberal that was vacationing in town making sure that us hillbillies knew that her prius was so much better. It was her 2nd one and she drove the last one till it was done. I pointed out my 1985 4runner was probably older than her and will be on the road long after she drives the current car in to the ground and needs to buy another green car. I somehow think my carbon footprint is smaller than hers. :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
I pointed that out to a liberal that was vacationing in town making sure that us hillbillies knew that her prius was so much better. It was her 2nd one and she drove the last one till it was done. I pointed out my 1985 4runner was probably older than her and will be on the road long after she drives the current car in to the ground and needs to buy another green car. I somehow think my carbon footprint is smaller than hers. :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know, man. We sold our Prius to buy a Tacoma. I regret the hell out of that decision. You can laugh at the target market of that car all you want. I get it. But as an actual peice of equipment, the Prius is an incredible vehicle. It was by far the most reliable car I've ever owned, or even know of. Never did anything but tires and oil changes. Averaged 38mpg, tires were $150 for all 4. $18 of fuel lasted all week. The car was cheap to buy. The vinyl seats wore great with our dirty/muddy/greasy lifestyle. We could easily cram 1000lbs of feed in the back. It would tow about 1200lbs of dirtbike trailer, gear, and 4 adults comfortably @29mpg. We sold it with 240k miles. It is still kicking around town. I saw the new owner and he delivers news papers to south Arkansas. The car now has over 300k miles and he says he still hasn't had to do any work to it.

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Saw this. Kinda want to lower it and swap the wheels.

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Was looking for a clean xtra cab Tacoma I saw over weekend. Found this.

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I can get behind that. This 4runner is rad. But I would have lost some respect if you said 24's and bags. :barf::barf::barf:
That Tacoma is not my style. Rims are too big. Look goofy imo.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Saw this. Kinda want to lower it and swap the wheels.
I am looking for a reg cab tacoma just for that reason. 3/4" drop and rag the fucker out. Although Action Fag makes good points on the Prii and they are errwhere for cheap.

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I am looking for a reg cab tacoma just for that reason. 3/4" drop and rag the fucker out. Although Action Fag makes good points on the Prii and they are errwhere for cheap.
That Tacoma is 5spd and $5500

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)

·
Non-Lemming
78,529 Posts
Fixed! Though I did have to sell my soul to do it!

:tank: :grinpimp::homer:
How much did Roxy want ? :flipoff2:

BTW, that 1955 F100 is the tits. :D

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
How much did Roxy want ? :flipoff2:

BTW, that 1955 F100 is the tits. :D
She’s had to fix it so many times I went through Canada. I was able to self fix. But I do feel dirty now.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts