Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the thread about the kingpin roller bearings got me thinking, i know dangerous subject.
Anyways, does anyone know if a bronze bearing has been designed to replace the plastic bushing in the D60?

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aggro said:
I have seen them in teflon, nylon and delrin. I have not seen bronze. I like the teflon ones best so far.
How do the teflon hold up to the high steer? Do you knoew who has them?

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, and I know that the old J10 closed knuckle D44's had tapered rolled bearings for thier kingpins.
That don't help this poorboy tho'.

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
stainless steal dave said:
damm!- bushings are going to be time consuming and expensive to make. machined from solid stock approx. 100.00 each depending on what the local shop hourly rate is and cost of materials- it might be cheaper to just replace plastic bushings every couple of years- how much do new plastic bushings cost? the plastic bushing is the expendable part in the assembly-it is supposed to wear out. by the way scott i dont know you but tom mossberg had lot's of good things to say about you and your rig. i gave him the d70f for his toyota and made the custom 4140 alloy high steer arms for it. maybe i'll meet you on the trail one day............;)

$100 will drive it right out of the picture, as you said. I'd rather carry a few plastic bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.