Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm not gunna read the #2 forward posts...
That said!
All States have some form of building dept.
Or call the county hall and ask.
Does this "roofer" have insurance ???
Well fuck:eek: does he have a "license" ?
Are contractor's registered in Tn.???

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
A license is no gurantee of a quality job...Insurance? What kind, is it liability for property damage or what?
Just fix the roof, it's not that expensive, shit happens, better to move on...

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
because the bank won't take you saying it's good.

they want a licensed home inspector.

when I paid for ours I followed him everywhere.
and made him go into some places he didn't want to.
winner winner.....

I did the same........ when the inspector came out, he was wearing nice pants and shirt. I told him I hope he's got his coveralls with him since we're going into places that are going to be dirty......

he replied: "We-?"

I said hell yeah, I grabbed my coveralls and big ass flashlight and said let's get this done.

--I drug that dude thru every inch of the crawl space and attic....

--lol.

--Sherpa

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
winner winner.....

I did the same........ when the inspector came out, he was wearing nice pants and shirt. I told him I hope he's got his coveralls with him since we're going into places that are going to be dirty......

he replied: "We-?"

I said hell yeah, I grabbed my coveralls and big ass flashlight and said let's get this done.

--I drug that dude thru every inch of the crawl space and attic....

--lol.

--Sherpa

I actually love clients like you. Someone who wants to see who can fit in the tighter hole.

Wait what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
In Pennsylvania you would be covered. I can't speak on your state.

The inspector would be paying, if it's as bad as you say it is from the work you can see in the attic. If you bought through a realtor, maybe contact them.

My buddy sold a house, and had no idea there was an issue with the bathroom plumbing. He lived there for 6 or 7 years, no issues. Sells the house, and the next owner has a plumber come in and they say the drains are not properly installed (house was roughly 70 years old). My buddy went to court and had to pay out a decent sum, because the seller insisted he knew when he sold.

Get some buddies, some air nailers, and redo the roof in a weekend. Finding good contractors anymore is hit and miss.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts