Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what kind of tubing i need. I know it is 1/2 inch tubing but is that inside diameter or OD? Also what gauge steel are people generally using to brace their frames with? I was thinking 1/4 inch?

·
Registered
34,264 Posts
4-runnin said:
........... I know it is 1/2 inch tubing but is that inside diameter or OD?...........
I.D. will be the size of the bolts, 1/4" will work, I like thicker though:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
4-runnin said:
Curious as to what kind of tubing i need. I know it is 1/2 inch tubing but is that inside diameter or OD? Also what gauge steel are people generally using to brace their frames with? I was thinking 1/4 inch?
1/4" should be fine. Do both sides and never worry about your box tearing up the frame.

Later,
....Mike
http://www.toy4x4.net/

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Here's a picture of mine. I used 1/4" plate then boxed it all in with 1/4" and used a piece if 1/2" pipe to sleeve the holes for the 3 bolts. It's not quite as big as the previous picture but I think it will work o.k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.