41 - 60 of 1744 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Trying to catch this thread up.....

Annnnd Done!!!

First panel up

Got another sheet on the wall last night. Aiming for one a night for the weekdays.

One more panel!

And the heater getting a bench run. Cant decide if I want to do a separate tank or pull from the main tank.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Go to the main tank. Done it this way on 2 different trucks. Just leave the tube 1" off the bottom.

Btw they have a priming sequence when i hook it up and it says u need a special harness but i made my own harness with a flasher relay and a standard relay harness.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Go to the main tank. Done it this way on 2 different trucks. Just leave the tube 1" off the bottom.
Thanks for the input, Im kinda leaning the other way.... Id like to be able to run kerosene for higher altitudes if needed.

My thinking currently is to add a door (like used for basement storage on an RV etc) here

Its dead sapce there, and use a 6.5G boat tank in a cradle to fuel the heater. It gets 6.4 hours run time on 1G diesel, so it would be good for quite some time.

The other option is use a fuel cell there, but then I need access from the floor under the bed to fill. Not wild about that.

Early CJ tank many also be a good option for that spot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is there any way to insulate the floor from underneath? Maybe add solar board to the current floor and then install finished flooring on top. I'm not sure if 1-inch insulating foam would hold up to a finished floor on top of it, without wood support. That could get a bit time consuming to install, depending on your technique and speed.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Is there any way to insulate the floor from underneath? Maybe add solar board to the current floor and then install finished flooring on top. I'm not sure if 1-inch insulating foam would hold up to a finished floor on top of it, without wood support. That could get a bit time consuming to install, depending on your technique and speed.
Yes there is, the floor is 2x3 box tubing, I will eventually fit rigid foam in from below and sheet it with some sort of sheet metal. The floor will get a foam underlayment, but it doenst add my insulation, its a little though. Our past truck's floor wasnt insulated and frost on the floor sucks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes there is, the floor is 2x3 box tubing, I will eventually fit rigid foam in from below and sheet it with some sort of sheet metal. The floor will get a foam underlayment, but it doenst add my insulation, its a little though. Our past truck's floor wasnt insulated and frost on the floor sucks.
Good deal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Cleaned the garage last night. I now have about about 6'x15' of usable space. Soon to be cabinet shop.... Also found out the cabover is still leaking.... Ugh. We got more than an inch of rain yesterday, once it drys out a bit Ill have to caulk it from the outside.

Knocked out the bed frame. Its dimensions kinda drive everything.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Put about 70 miles on it Sunday, picked up the ceiling material. Its going to be knotty cedar T&G. Smells delicious! But it was smoking again, I think it may be leaking oil onto the exhaust, but it seems to do it randomly. I need to crawl under it again and see whats up.

Drivers Side wall done

Ceiling started. Definitely a rustic cabin kinda look.

Test fit one of the lights Ill be using. I hope they are enough light! They are 3W 120lm each.

I was trying to get the two windows I have cut in yesterday as we are supposed to get 2" of rain today... I have had a cold coming on, and that sure didn't happen.....

I did get one in, and it was not fun. Turns out my walls are only 1 7/8" thick, not the 2" I planned on. And to make things worse the foam was a bit thin around the windows, this let the plywood bend in even more. So I have to cut a bunch of shims, and make things kinda the right thickness again. Then.... The wall has a big bow in it, vertically. So I couldn't just use the foam strip to install the window. Its glued in like a berklyer now. After getting that in I was spent. The good news is my new patterning bit for the router work great at cutting the holes.

Hole cut

Window in

it got dark....

My stairs came though, and they fit in the under body box! It was close, but they fit.

I also picked up a battery combiner, its rated for 200A continuous, so it should be up to the task. Another CL score, $20!

·
WHEEEEEEEEEE!
3,913 Posts
Diesel/Kero isn't all that happy about sitting around for a long time. One of the big reasons to pull off the main tank. Put a bad tank with some algae in it and it's going to be much more of a mess after sitting . If nothing else make sure to add some algae killer over the summer.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Diesel/Kero isn't all that happy about sitting around for a long time. One of the big reasons to pull off the main tank. Put a bad tank with some algae in it and it's going to be much more of a mess after sitting . If nothing else make sure to add some algae killer over the summer.
Yeah I put some conditioner in the last tank (one of the 911 winter ish ones, i dont remember exactly). I am still thinking two tanks as running kero in the heater will keep it from sooting up as quick at altitude.

hmmmmm Main tank pickup could be done with a switch for the second tank when needed. Ugh.

Dropping the tank doesnt sound like fun at the moment either.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Since the old ship has sailed, time to kick it in gear.

Good bye old friend. You will be missed.

Since its the time of the year it usually rains in the PNW, dry weekends must be used to their fullest.

I was in a bit of a hurry, so not too many pics.... But window #2 is installed.

Window #3, drill 4 big holes. Connect the dots.

Cut and fit interior panels.

Slap in window.

Stair bracket on.

Stairs. Yeah my garage is a mess and very full...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Looking good! At least you have a garage!!
Very true! I sure wish it was big enough to get this beast in!

Welded up my interior walls yesterday, made them 1/2" too big...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Fridge acquired. They only had one left in stock locally so it was snapped up. Isotherm (made by webasto) 4.7 cu ft drawer unit, which will be nice as its under the counter top, no getting on your knees to see in the bottom shelf. Its REALLY nice.... But my wallet hurts. Its a DanFoss compressor, 12v and 120V, burns 429 watts/24hr on avg.

Made a little time lapse of the weekend.

At the start of the weekend.

Wrapped up the ceiling

Sanded and stained last night. Changing color

First coat done

·
Registered
29,000 Posts
black star tip.

copy just the video ID tag from the youtube url
Yours there is:
jT-EPChY_Xs

put that inbetween the youtube tags
Code:
[yoxtube]jT-EPChY_Xs[/yoxtube]
for black star embed.
replace x with u obviously, but evcen in the code section it embedded, so I changed it so you could see the text.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Got a bit done this weekend.

I love these splices. Crimp on, self adhesive shrink wrapped. Good stuff.

Got the LED exterior light done.

Fan trims and interior pucks in.

I had to hook them up to see if it was going to be enough light. I was worried it wouldn't be as they are quite small. Its a good amount of light!

Started framing up the rear storage/wall. Its 1" .072 steel, this give me a 1" area I can insulate, and gives me some structure to support the bath wall from.

In place. This will be the exterior storage.

Bathroom wall and bed frame just about done. Cutting stupid angles wiht a skill saw sucks.

18" clear under the bed frame for storage. The plan is to have it lift up for access from inside.

And that catches up this thread! ok we will slow down to real time updates now...

41 - 60 of 1744 Posts