61 - 80 of 1744 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
29,000 Posts
I got a similar pack of amazon. The 3m ones are way over priced.... Did those ones come with the box?
yep. just like the picture.
I was getting them from a place called beetrie on amazon, but it looks like this is the newly named replacement. Looks like the same stuff.

The ones I have take an extraordinary amount of heat.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
yep. just like the picture.
I was getting them from a place called beetrie on amazon, but it looks like this is the newly named replacement. Looks like the same stuff.

The ones I have take an extraordinary amount of heat.
Yeah these ones take a ton of heat to melt also.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,000 Posts
I'm not even mad. When I first bought them I tried to melt one. Whatever they're made of is super high temp polyolefin. You can't actually burn it, it just chars.

so at least you know if one gets hot it won't self immolate.
That was the #1 complaint on them in the reviews. "I can't get it to shrink!", well you're not gonna do it with a damned hair dryer.
I wired my trailer with them 18 months ago, not a single failure. longest i've ever had working trailer lights without fucking with them.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,704 Posts
Maybe think about a removeable 8" wide "draft stop" panel (red) to bridge the small gap between your "outside storage wall" and the driver's side rear door.

When you open the passenger side door to access outside storage/stow skis, etc. you don't want to let all your inside heat out, have your pillow fall out and hit the ground, or have blowing snow fly in and onto your bed.

Or you could do an entire "headboard" panel (green) so you can access the under-bed storage from outside without exposing the bed....and so your head isn't sleeping next to cold aluminum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Maybe think about a removeable 8" wide "draft stop" panel (red) to bridge the small gap between your "outside storage wall" and the driver's side rear door.

When you open the passenger side door to access outside storage/stow skis, etc. you don't want to let all your inside heat out, have your pillow fall out and hit the ground, or have blowing snow fly in and onto your bed.

Or you could do an entire "headboard" panel (green) so you can access the under-bed storage from outside without exposing the bed....and so your head isn't sleeping next to cold aluminum.
Thats damn funny. Thats exactly what I built last night. it ended up being about 11" though :flipoff2:

Im doubting the doors being insulated, even though the PO said they were, they get fogged up really fast when your working in there. May have to drill a hole to find out. I was thinking of adding a piece of 1/2" foam board to them and skinning it. Look a little nicer and add a bit more insulation.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Here is the panel :flipoff2:

Got the benches cut and partly together

And i have enough scraps of maple 1x3's for the kitchen cabinet face frame!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Got a fair bit done yesterday.

Cabinet will separate the bed/dinette area. The bottom will have a pull out drawer for trash and recycle. The middle will be a pantry drawer, and the top will be a shelf open to the dinette side. It also created the back and base of the bench seat.

Bench sitting in place. Heater or water tank will go here. Like heater so its closer to the center of the truck, but that means small water tank..... Thoughts on heater not close to center? It would go right at the front wall, under the other bench.

All together

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
What is the plan for your heater? Are you doing a Webasto like everyone else recently?

Sorry I don't recall.

I'm really diggin' the blonde maple paneling.
Yup, doing a older webasto 3500 I found on CL. I have had it for a year or so now...

Yeah I think its coming out well. Its a lot of wood on wood on wood at the moment though.

Spent an hour or so trying to figure out why my reverse lights dont work... Fuse is good, swapping relays made no difference. Im getting ~half a volt at the light connections.

So possibly a break in the wire somewhere, which I think is unlikely, all the rest of the wiring has been impeccable, and the tail lights still work, or the reverse switch at the trans is toast.

Other half of the dinette sitting in place

Im thinking heater and water pump will go here, just have to check that I can sneak the intake and exhaust out, its right above the gas tank. I will have to build a riser for the heater to sit on as well, not quite enough room with gas filler box there.

Stove came too, ebay special with dents... But its got a nice flip down glass top for when its not in use.

Pulled the tail light panels. Lots of room there. Need to figure out how to put them on a quick release. Ill take ideas there!! Passenger side will get poop tank, drivers will get gas tank for the heater.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Pulled the tail light panels. Lots of room there. Need to figure out how to put them on a quick release. Ill take ideas there!! Passenger side will get poop tank, drivers will get gas tank for the heater.
Why not hinge them with a tire carrier style latch on one side? Then you wouldn't have to remove the entire piece.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Why not hinge them with a tire carrier style latch on one side? Then you wouldn't have to remove the entire piece.
Hinge is a thought. I was thinking about using these, but they are all 1" minimum grip area.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
hold them in there with magnets stuck to the angles?
Light panels are aluminum.... And I'm not sure I would trust just magnets to hold them there

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Hinge them and latch with a Dzus fastener or something similar.

61 - 80 of 1744 Posts