Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 1744 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
They're GC-2, the OE golf cart hold downs are cheap and readily available. Let the Club Car engineers do the math.
Thanks for that. I didn't even think of it, I'll see what I can find

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Got to let my inner OCD out last night

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It's not OCD, it's craftsmanship. It's what I come to Pirate and build threads like yours for.

Nice work!
Thanks, glad your enjoying the thread.

I ordered a label maker, should be nice to label everything :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'll look into adding metal straps as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I've used all thread and pieces of wood as well. Even a section of a broken hockey stick for my RV conversion. No need to get fancy.

sweet build

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I've used all thread and pieces of wood as well. Even a section of a broken hockey stick for my RV conversion. No need to get fancy.

sweet build
Yeah I was looking at it last night. I dont really want any metal bits in there, too many terminals and battery interconnect cables everywhere.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
If the batteries are mounted securely, there is no need to worry about anything grounding out. If it bothers you that much, you could always dip or shrink wrap your metal bracket.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Agreed, but if something does come loose, there is zero room for error. Hardwood or plastic i think is the answer. Looking at the golf cart ones they are all plastic.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
OK ill take opinions here too, heater intake (its a webasto/espar), currently it just sticks below the floor. Do I need to pipe it further down? I was thinking maybe adding a 90 to it aiming backwards so no road spray gets in, but its in a pretty protected spot.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #112

·
Registered
29,000 Posts
Too much restriction? I like that idea tho
there's a pretty big selection.
some that are just stainless mesh to keep the bugs and rodents out.

a 90 probably isn't a bad idea, but for sure it will need something over the end to keep out the critters.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
How about made from shit laying around the shop?!

Done.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I prefer stuff from shit laying around the shop. It's less I have to clean up or find a place to store it. :D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I just pointed the intake backward and the heater came with a screen for the pipe so i think your idea wil work fine
Cool thanks, mine was used, so I didn't get any of the correct bits for it. I did get the exhaust pipe, and its installed and done.

101 - 120 of 1744 Posts