Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make my braided fuel lines, but I cant keep the sheathing from pulling away from the hose when trying to get the hose end on.
Anyone have any special tricks to keep this fro happening?
Thanks.
Phil

·
Registered
974 Posts
Are you cutting the hose with tape wrapped around it? That helps to keep it from fraying when putting the piece on the hose. I also always use a twisting motion to install. It works like a cjamp for russell and aeroquip fittings.

Paul

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It sounds like the sheathing is getting loosened from cutting it - make sure you wrap it well before cutting it. Then use a twisting motion and some assembly lube if you have it - other wise some motor oil will work well, just don't use too much.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
ditto on the tape works well.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
YUP ELECRICAL TAPE WRAPPED TIGHTLY.........

THEN A CHOPSAW........

THEN SCREW THE PIECE ON THE BRAIDED HOSE.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I've been using tape, wrapped as tight as I can get it. I always use lube on my hose(s)..LOL. Unfortunately I dont have any more cutoff wheels or I would have tried that. I used a extremely fine tooth jigsaw blade, and my hacksaw. I guess it's off to the store to buy more cutoffs.
Thanks again.
Phil

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Most hose end fittings for fuel screw on left handed. That means you need to turn the fitting backwards as you screw it on the hose and then the inside fitting that has the -6 or whatever on it will screw into that right handed.

tony k

post if that does not work. What kind of hose and fittings.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I finally got em put together. For some reason the braid on this batch of hose was not as tight as before. I'm gonna have to ask the shop if they changed manufacturers or something. Ended up eating enough line in retrys tat I had to move the pump 16" further forward.
Thanks for the help guys.
Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.