Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are putting bigger tires on our truck....the new tires will be approximately 7"inches
Bigger than the old tires.
Where I'm having a brain fart is..... would that mean I need 7" of lift for the wheel well gaps to stay the same? Or....do I divide that by 2 (3.5 inches of lift) you don't really know how to explain it, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean......that's where I am having the issue.
Any help would be appreciated:) thanks!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Providing relevant information would probably help you achieve your answer more quickly.

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
put the tires one, then use the saw to cut until they fit.

lift it more if you end up cutting too far into the door that you aren't comfortable with mud getting in

·
Premium Member
14,077 Posts
More things come into play then just lift. Firewall clearance being a huge one. But to answer your basic question 3-1/2" will keep the clearance from top of wheel well opening the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More things come into play then just lift. Firewall clearance being a huge one. But to answer your basic question 3-1/2" will keep the clearance from top of wheel well opening the same.
Ok, thanks for the honest answer. It's definitely appreciated !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And......for the big gay truck shit again.......it's getting old! I more than likely would find your truck a dumb truck.
You spend your money on what you like and I will spend mine on what I like.
Don't care what "the followers" like, so I have no place to comment on what I find dumb or "gay".
Reminds me of the freaking news now days.......always someone to comment, judge or cry about shit that has nothing to do with them. Everyone has to be judgmental as if there shit don't stink, their opinion is the only opinion to be had.

In the end when you are happy with what you spent your hard earned money on....that's what matters.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Whoa there cowboy... the question isn't really relevant to the board. In case you never looked here before, this forum is for hardcore builders, wheelers, and most importantly shit talkers. Most guys here build completely one off rigs, except the ghey jeep and yota bolt on crew, which is kind of where it sounds like this truck belongs. The information to be had here is priceless and the community is very tight. If you want to fit in, take the shit talking right along with the free advice. Most here are dicks, but most all are willing to help on topics that aren't already covered. The reason for the animosity is likely because you're question is covered in about a million other threads on bolt on sites. Not too hard to figure out, but we know, internetting is very tough for today's gamer trash attitude....

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
And......for the big gay truck shit again.......it's getting old! I more than likely would find your truck a dumb truck.
You spend your money on what you like and I will spend mine on what I like.
Don't care what "the followers" like, so I have no place to comment on what I find dumb or "gay".
Reminds me of the freaking news now days.......always someone to comment, judge or cry about shit that has nothing to do with them. Everyone has to be judgmental as if there shit don't stink, their opinion is the only opinion to be had.

In the end when you are happy with what you spent your hard earned money on....that's what matters.
You tell'em jennifer. Dont take shit from none of these knuckke dragin fuck whits. Its your truck. You build it as ghey and pink with all the dildo colored drive shafts you want.

Fwiw. Relivant info would have been actual tire size and vehicle. You might need any lift at all. But your right just keep doing that basic math where you lift 2x the hieght of you tires radius. That way youll always clear and the retarded Hawaiian look is all the rage these days with the gheys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whoa there cowboy... the question isn't really relevant to the board. In case you never looked here before, this forum is for hardcore builders, wheelers, and most importantly shit talkers. Most guys here build completely one off rigs, except the ghey jeep and yota bolt on crew, which is kind of where it sounds like this truck belongs. The information to be had here is priceless and the community is very tight. If you want to fit in, take the shit talking right along with the free advice. Most here are dicks, but most all are willing to help on topics that aren't already covered. The reason for the animosity is likely because you're question is covered in about a million other threads on bolt on sites. Not too hard to figure out, but we know, internetting is very tough for today's gamer trash attitude....
First Off....I am a woman! Secondly, If you could read .... I did look at didn't find the info, 3rd. This forum is a 4x4 forum period! 4th I'm not some young kid that knows nothing about nothing...... finally, and again.....I don't care what you like.....I personally am willing to help anyone regardless of my interest! Otherwise I keep my mouth shut!!

By the way, gamers trash mentality.......I have kids that are older than that stage of life. Again proving my point about people having to open their mouths and have know idea who they are talking too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No problem, let it rain! I was thinking of putting this in the newb thread, but figured we are only a "newb" to lifts and truck fab.
This is general 4x4....so I figured I would try.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You tell'em jennifer. Dont take shit from none of these knuckke dragin fuck whits. Its your truck. You build it as ghey and pink with all the dildo colored drive shafts you want.

Fwiw. Relivant info would have been actual tire size and vehicle. You might need any lift at all. But your right just keep doing that basic math where you lift 2x the hieght of you tires radius. That way youll always clear and the retarded Hawaiian look is all the rage these days with the gheys.
Lol are you freaking serious???? You know why I don't post relevant information??? Because Everytime I do, some douchebag like you has to throw your jackass comments in.......so I left the 44 inch tires to 49 inch to myself so I didn't have to hear the bullshit from you guys......grow the f up!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
First Off....I am a woman! Secondly, If you could read .... I did look at didn't find the info, 3rd. This forum is a 4x4 forum period! 4th I'm not some young kid that knows nothing about nothing...... finally, and again.....I don't care what you like.....I personally am willing to help anyone regardless of my interest! Otherwise I keep my mouth shut!!

By the way, gamers trash mentality.......I have kids that are older than that stage of life. Again proving my point about people having to open their mouths and have know idea who they are talking too.
Cool starry bra

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Lol are you freaking serious???? You know why I don't post relevant information??? Because Everytime I do, some douchebag like you has to throw your jackass comments in.......so I left the 44 inch tires to 49 inch to myself so I didn't have to hear the bullshit from you guys......grow the f up!
That's 5"difference, would've helped because relevant:eek:

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,542 Posts
Keep in mind that newb is flame free. Nobody would have made fun of your truck. Something to think about.

Gen4x4 is our hardcore forum. Typically posts like this get a lot of flaming.

Have fun!

:tank:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts