Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my disk brakes on my truck. I have poor brake peddle pressure and the rear is about all that is stopping it.

What I have 89 V6, V6 Calipers in front, stock M/C, 10lb residual vavle, wilwood prop. vavle, Monte carlo rears.

Order - M/C to Residual valve (3"), 12" to the Prop. Valve. I have adjusted the prop valve to the max and still the rear will lock up before the front. On top of all this the peddle with go almost to the floor. One more thing, I have great pressure when bleeding the brakes - engine off. Once I start it, the peddle goes to the floor.

I have similiar parts on my 4runner, I have no problems with it at all. The only difference is the front calipers are None V6. Any thought on what else I could have wrong? I have spent nearly 3 days on it and am seeking ideas.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Rockstomper has a conversion kit for a fullsize master cyl to bolt up- for just this prob.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Did you remove the load-sensing prop valve? If not, lose it and try again.

If you've already ditched the LSPV, I would bet that you have either a bad MC or the front calipers are shot.

Will a couple hard pumps bring the front on like they should? If so, you got a bad MC.

Pedal should not be going down unless something is wrong.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. I did remove the factory load prop. valve. The front calipers worked just fine before the rear disks. As well as the M/C. No it doesn't build pressure if I pump the brakes. Just before the peddle hits the max, the rear locks up.

The only difference between my 4runner setup and my truck is the front calipers. I am going to put on some 4Cyl calipers on the front of my truck to see if this makes the difference.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The part about the pressure dropping off once you start the engine running makes me wonder about a vacuum leak...maybe something where the vacuum lines hook up with the booster?

Don't know from experience, but if you only loose the pressure once the engine is running...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts