Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Looks like drunk spaghetti. Yes, most brakeline have a coil in them comming out of the master to allow for body flex.

Why the long labia pink U? Can you tighten the T 180* so the blue line has better/ straight shot?

DSC02898%20%28Small%29.JPG

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
Not a line lock, it is a prop valve. There is a bolt on the master that the stock prop valve was bolted to that I am going to use.
that's what i meant, my bad!:homer: pop the hood so i can set the brakes!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pink one is routed in a u because there needs to be a long unbent end so the die that the hydro shop uses can fit over the tube.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
My brake flaring tool needs about 2 inches of space to grab and for the nut. Are you using some special fittings that require going to the hydro shop? I've read the arguments for and against double flares, but lets face it...they work and you can buy them anywhere. A flaring tool along with assorted fittings is good in the trail tool bag.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Their thousand dollar flair tool uses some long die blocks (about 2 inches). Lets face it their flair tool makes the same flair EVERY time and beats any off the shelft flair tool I have ever used. And it does the sae metric convex flairs for the master cyl side and the adapters I had to make.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
That is a fawking MESS.

Bend AFTER you flare.
Work hardening will absolutely crack the shit out of that prop. valve mounting setup.
BEND AFTER YOU FLARE!!!! then you won't have ugly labia sticking out of your junk.

Neatness kind of counts-- it's just easier to deal with stuff that is routed, instead of stuck together. *shrug*

I'm not trying to be a dick, either, so keep it tucked in, fawker. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Lets face it their flair tool makes the same flair EVERY time and beats any off the shelft flair tool I have ever used.
My 'off the shelf' flare tool needs about 1" of straight tube, and I've never had one leak or fail, and I've done 8 years worth of brake work with it. That makes it just as good as your shop's 'flair' tool.

I don't see the problem here...why don't you want to buy a flare tool?

Actually, I do see a problem...shitty mounting of brake hardware and excess line being used.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only one that is a mess is the u shaped one. The others are direct and about three inches long. I have never been able to get a good flair. So I take them to the hydro shop and they do them for free.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
better yet, get yourself the Rol-Air 45 degree AN flaring tool and throw those stupid inverted flares in the trash.

inverted flare= teh stoopit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts