Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will Xj/Mj brake lines fit to waggy calibers? is the banjo bolt same size?

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,091 Posts
Depends. Most XJ, MJ TJ are 10mm. Some early Jeep are 3/8 and some are 7/16. If it is 3/8 it is an easy R&R swap. For 7/16 it is sometimes possible to drill the banjo. Other times it is neccesary to get the correct hose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure if this will help much, but the CJ ('85 CJ7) brake line fits the waggy caliper banjo bolt ('79 waggy), but it did not fit the Chevy caliper banjo bolt (chevy bolt was too big). I'm pretty sure the waggy uses a 10mm bolt. So if your brake line does not fit the waggy banjo bolt, then you could try the chevy calipers. Using this info, you could also cross reference CJ brake line P/N's with XJ P/N's to see of they are the same.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i measured Waggy calibers, 10 mm bolt .

BlueCJeep said:
Not sure if this will help much, but the CJ ('85 CJ7) brake line fits the waggy caliper banjo bolt ('79 waggy), but it did not fit the Chevy caliper banjo bolt (chevy bolt was too big). I'm pretty sure the waggy uses a 10mm bolt. So if your brake line does not fit the waggy banjo bolt, then you could try the chevy calipers. Using this info, you could also cross reference CJ brake line P/N's with XJ P/N's to see of they are the same.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
Beat95YJ said:
For 7/16 it is sometimes possible to drill the banjo.
Please don't drill the banjo. You're effectively reducing the size of the channel and possibly putting yourself or others in harms way. Just do it right.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,091 Posts
Oxjockey said:
Please don't drill the banjo. You're effectively reducing the size of the channel and possibly putting yourself or others in harms way. Just do it right.
On a 7/16 banjo, the groove is in the banjo bolt rather than the banjo fitting. Most aftermarket banjo's are drilled 7/16 thru. This is especially true with the square banjo's that fit GM/AMC calipers. (The 3/8 block banjo's are also drilled thru.)

There is absolutely no harm in doing this. There is no difference between the outer bodies for either. Most aftermarket motorcycle 7/16's banjo's are simply drilled out 3/8's models (popular on HD's)

Straight thru 7/16's banjo.

10mm (3/8") with a groove

I would never a modification on the board (or anywhere else) that is less than safe.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
OxJockey...I'd trust Frank's advice on this one...knowing who he works for gives me a comfort level I wouldn't have with anyone else's advice on this area...

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
RedBullJeep said:
OxJockey...I'd trust Frank's advice on this one...knowing who he works for gives me a comfort level I wouldn't have with anyone else's advice on this area...

Only if you say so! :flipoff2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts