Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 GMC 1/2T but I have a Front Dana 60 off a 1980 1Ton(around there)
and a Rear 14 bolt off around the same year
how do I buy brake lines for it
Do I buy it for the 1980 or a 1969 1 Ton will the thread work for the caliper and frame brake lines

thanks

Jason

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Don't know the answer right off. And you didn't say if you already have lines installed that fit to take off as examples for the parts store or custom brake hose maker.

If you have no properly fitting examples, you prolly need to either use a thread gage to measure the caliper and frame fittings threads/bolts/etc. or pull some used brake lines off a similar GM wrecked truck from your year or the axles' donor year to see if any matches exist (must be). Taking the caliper to the parts monkeys helps, too. Captain obvious, here. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I am thinking that the rear should be the same, and for the front you should need lines off of a 1 ton or a GM w/ a 10 bolt frontend... the 60 should have calipers w/ a 10mm banjo bolt... same as the 1/2 ton 10 bolt but your fact frontend is probalby a D44 w/ 7/16" banjo's.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You can get the brake lines for a 78-up truck. If you get ones for a 6" lift the rear brake line will only be like 2" longer but the front ones will be fine. GM never changed the frame end...it is the axle ends and length that is different.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had a bitch of a time finding custom brake lines but found them at a race car shop. I got braided stainless lines with all fittings for less than factory lines and these are way nicer, and if you buy from a good shop the owner should know what you need, bring in as many fittings or lines or banjo bolts you have off the truck, mine are fawkin sweet, I love them and they look great. Good luck

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another Problem

I orderd brake lines from skyjacker for a 1TON 1979-1980somthing (the year of the axles)

but the lady from skyjacker said I need a master cylinder from a newer 1TON(79-80ish) to power the larger calipers from the Dana 60
right now I have a 1/2T Dana 44 that HAS A BRAND NEW! master cylinder but not a 1ton brake setup although it has a brake booster.

Is this true?
she also said I needed other stuff to complete it, What other stuff?
poportioning(sp?) valve, what else?

thanks!

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts