Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my front axle last night, with new FJ rotors and IFS calipers. My quick question is what pads to run? Do I tell the parts guy pads for a SA or an IFS rig or does it not matter cause they're all the same? Its on an 85 Runner. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Dude, come awn - think about it.
You're running IFS calipers, right? So get the correct pads for the calipers you're using.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Straight axle/IFS pads are the same :shaking:

·
Registered
589 Posts
crash said:
Straight axle/IFS pads are the same :shaking:
Only the IFS 4 cyl pads before 92 (or maybe 93) are the same as straight axle pads.

The IFS 6 cyl pads/calipers are larger, and all trucks (4 or 6 cyl) came with the 6 cyl calipers/pads after 92.

:shaking: :shaking:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fourwd1!! I would've thought there would be some difference between the later model Toys. I guess I'll just get the pads for the 85 then.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pads for solid axle rigs (least as far back as 83) are the same as early IFS ones (for 4 cyl anyway)

Bob

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
fourwd1 said:
Only the IFS 4 cyl pads before 92 (or maybe 93) are the same as straight axle pads.

The IFS 6 cyl pads/calipers are larger, and all trucks (4 or 6 cyl) came with the 6 cyl calipers/pads after 92.

:shaking: :shaking:
Same pad :shaking:

check your part #'s :shaking:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
the later model pads have that stupid ass brake sqeaker on them and the earlier ones dont.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts