Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v done the search and thought I'd followed it fairly well....but my problem still persists. My left rear brake cylinder started leaking about 2 weeks ago and I finally got time to relpace it today. My problem is....I think every thing is bled as well as it's going to get....it took about 2 hours going back and forth, but no bubbles....I'm thinking that a lot of air got into the lines from the leaking cylinder???? anyway.....now when I step on the brake and hold pressure on it, it holds.....but if I let off just a little it s-l-o-w-l-y goes to the floor and once it gets there I start rolling.
Can anyone give me some ideas of what to do to stop the peddle from slowly sinking to the floor or what may be causing it?????
This has been kicking my ass ALL DAY :mad3: , I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Even with air in the system it should hold steady at some point. It sounds like you have a leak. Have you done a visual inspection on every single fitting on the brake system ?

Master?

·
Registered
820 Posts
sounds like your master cylinder has a internal leak.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya...that's what I was thinking too.........I looked at all the fittings to see if I could see a wet spot but couldn't find one anywhere.....the master cylinder was my next guess. Shit....More $$$$$ :shaking:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My E-brake adjustment screw broke not too long ago but I still had enough threads to reconnect it (in front of the gas tank). It's pulling on the e-brake a bit more than it was....the adjustment screws at the back plate of my brake housings are pulled out maybe an inch an a half....y'all recon this could be a factor???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts