Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
brake problems/parts needed

Probably a stupid question, and probably gone over a few times, BUT, I am ready to get this thing moving again since it has been sitting for the last 7 months and each time I start it, something new goes wrong...

Finally got the 40 ready for inspection (just safety here in TX), and drive it to the shop this morning to have them give me the sticker. I tell them to take a look at the brakes because I bleed them and still am having trouble. guy tells me I need a master cylinder.

This evening I bled the MC, and all of the brakes...a little better performance, but still not the best. I have a reman MC that I picked up cheap, but haven't installed yet. Does anyone have some decent condition rear drum parts that they need to unload cheap?? I would just overhaul the ones I have, but I will be going to rear discs soon, so that would be a waste of cash. I would go to RDBs now, but I don't have the money for all of the parts, or the time to go to every yard in town and find some decent parts for a decent price. Anyway...if you can help out, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looked around online tonight and found www.autopartsgiant.com. I can get my RDB parts there for around $100, free shipping. Only $20 of that is in cores, which I don't have, so that works well. Anyone ever use them or a place like that before?? I am on a very tight budget, but need to get the cruiser moving (and stopping) again.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
John,

If you need any rear drum brake parts I have enough extras to do 4 complete axles (cylinders, drums, pads, etc...)

Let me know what you need and I can bring it to the meeting on Saturday.

-mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts