Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing aa Dana 60 front, 14 bolt with disc brake rear in my 88 YJ. I did the E350 master cylinder swap a while back with my Dana 44s and it didnt stop that great. I think I need to swap the brake booster with the 1 tons now. What brake booster would good for my set up? Do I need to remove the o-ring from the YJ's proportioning valve or put a different one in? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
if you did not have disc all around before, then you will need to get a new proportioning valve that is for disc/disc. as far as a master cylinder goes, get one from a corvette.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
This isn't meant to be a flame job, but Jesus, do you guys ever read or research? There are at least 3 identical threads about the same question currently in the forum, and dozens of previous posts if you took the time to search? Do you suppose your question has already been answered? That's why the threads are saved on the forum, instead of being deleted down the road. To be used as references, over and over again. To help those who want to try something that is new to them, by allowing them access to what others have tried and accomplished.

Doug

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am using the stock booster with a master from a grand marquis (4wheel disc w/hydro boost) 2psi residual valve and adjustable proportioning valve. One ton Factory ford dual piston front calipers and 3/4 ton rear calipers. I have no issues at all, the brakes are more than up to the task stopping 42" IROKs under any condition.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Take your proportioning valve off and install an adjustable one on the rear brakes. They are cheap and they work great. The front brakes should be direct to the master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts