Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched and searched

heres what I have, dual wilwood masters 3/4 with a 4ib residual on the front(I had the prob. before the residual and it didn't seem to make a diff. when I put it on) and a 7/8 for the rear, 3/16 lines

my front calipers are dodge d60 3/4 ton and my rears are chevy half ton.

the rear works awesome but the front I have to pump up to get to work. I've bled and bled and bled and don't see any air coming out so I thought maybe the 3/4 just wasnt big enough for the calipers so today a swapped the lines front to rear. well the 7/8 feels the same crappy way on front and the 3/4 seems to work fine in the rear.

I
so is 7/8 still to small? are my calipers to big? not sure how to change that without a lot of $$$
I've bleed with pretty much every method including a pneumatic bleeder to suck the fluid through.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Sounds like either you don't have a large enough bore in the MC, or possibly not enough pedal stroke. Is there a way to change the leverage on the pedal to MC? It sounds like you aren't pushing enough fluid for the calipers. Do you know what size the piston is in the stock MC that was mated to those calipers. The bore size and the pedal ratio would need to be pretty close to stock, or better, to give you a good result, I would think. I don't really have enough info to make a guess, but I would start with looking into those ideas first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts