Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a rear D44 and all the brake hardware had been stripped, so I got everything to put it back together. I only have one question. The metal portion of the brake shoes are exactly symetrical. There are two different types of shoes, one has more lining on it than the other. It has been too long since I did drum brakes. Which shoe goes to the front, the short or the long lining one? I should remember this but maybe the tequila killed too many brain cells over the years.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wrong! on bendix duoservo brakes the smaller[shorter] lining goes on the front of backing plate[ leading edge of backing plate] which is to say the front of vehicle. it is the primary shoe, the longer lining is the secondary shoe.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
John Tabor said:
Wrong! on bendix duoservo brakes the smaller[shorter] lining goes on the front of backing plate[ leading edge of backing plate] which is to say the front of vehicle. it is the primary shoe, the longer lining is the secondary shoe.

Did the Binder Bulletin get too slow for you John?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled my drums on my old D35 and the short one was to the front. I was worried there for a minute, but thanks everybody for the info. :usa:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts