Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i doubt they are the same right? my 30 is still together so i will find out eventually but just curious for the moment :)

i imagine the 4 will be larger........will there be an adapter from the 30 fitting to the 44?

·
Registered
409 Posts
More info... what D30 and what D44...

XJ D30 and wagoneer D44 lines are different at the caliper end... I forget the difference in the banjo fitting itself, but the bolt was either too big or too small. The waggy lines bolted up to the XJ hardlines however, so all I had to do was find some longer brakelines for a wagoneer application... I ended up with '73 Chevy 4x4 front soft lines. Plenty for my 5.5" lift w/Clayton longarms.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the D30 on a YJ and a HP44 out of a 78 ford 3/4.
i have some nice braided lines on the jeep and really want to keep them, extended and all. i have an old broken line in the garage i just remembered about.......will see if the end matches the 44 caliper.

just wondering if it don't fit.........is there a way to adapt it :)

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
rockr said:
just wondering if it don't fit.........is there a way to adapt it :)
Just enlarge the hole in the banjo fitting one drill size.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I swapped a HP44 into my YJ and had the aftermarket stainless lines. The brake lines bolted right on to the waggy calipers I was using.

·
Registered
170 Posts
WideJ said:
I swapped a HP44 into my YJ and had the aftermarket stainless lines. The brake lines bolted right on to the waggy calipers I was using.
ditto, except I used dual piston calipers from a 78 3/4 ton ford...

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,800 Posts
The XJ brakeline has a 10mm banjo bolt (interchanges with 3/8" banjo's)

A waggy and early CJ disc have a 7/16" banjo bolt. Later models have 3/8" bolts. I have no idea what size ford calipers are, and GM can be 3/8 or 7/16. If you have a hose with a block square banjo, go ahead and drill it out (be careful and blow out the chips) If you have a small round banjo you should be able to drill it depending on brand.

·
THE ROCK GODS
1,371 Posts
I have braided lines on my HP44 (78 ford) stock ford calipers, had to drill out the hole when I installed GM D44 calipers, prior to doing that the hp44 from the ford had the same size bolts as my 84 CJ5 D30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts