Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to put JTO's new disc kit on and have not been able to determine if the master cyl. I got will work . It is late 1970 with vacuum boost , 10mm nuts and has no valve or anything after the M/C . just a front and rear line right into M/C. Can I just hook em up , or do I need to alter the M/C or get different one ????? Some one here has to know ? c'mon stingy :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
ih8mud tech links, see the info on removing the residual pressure valves..."should" do the trick, you'll have one valve for each circuit...

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o.k. thanks , I registered and still can't view the pic's what gives do I gotta contribute or something ?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no , the pic's in the photo gallery dumba**. :D
I read the tech . So I leave the rear one in if keeping drums on rear , right ?
Do you want pics of my bobbyfied drum birf's , huh ? :smokin:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
correct on the rear circuit..

can't view photo gallery pics? hhhmmm...you'd be the only one then....or, at least, no one else has said they can't....

let me guess...bobbified drum's look just like stockers??? :p

Break one first, then let us know...

BTW: I proved this weekend that the t-case casting and the nose cone casting are plenty strong...actually busted the front output shaft itself....

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on an orion or stocker ? yeah the photogallery login won't take my password or username but it logsin ok on the forum ? Did you break it at the splines , do you think front output flange retaining bolt worked loose due to poor staking ? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
photo gallery is admin only :D - view only for everyone else...

stocker 72 case, with top saver, stocker front nose cone....nut was TIGHT, had to chisel off since I forgot my socket. Looks exactlee like a junked pinion does...believe me, I know...

I was impressed that the shaft sheared prior to the front axles or driveshaft....guess that's one more item for the spares-box.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
SpaceGhost hooked me up...Troy called him from the trail, AJ grabbed a spare t-case and since he was swingin over to the Badlands anyways, it worked out perfect....I owe AJ and SG beers and dinners tho...and more....I've got 3-4 more in the shop too, think I may get one cryo'd now...lol

too bad I only got 50 yards on the fluid before filling it with pond water...lol

BTW: found 2 coarses last week, just gotta clean them enough to pass the sniffer test....methinks an oil smell would get me on someone's bad list...lol

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah , well the only reason I'm doin it is cause of when you guys were in front of me on that steep part and I could not stop or grab the cb fast enough to say move and you moved just in time , so really it your fault.
I got my orion on Friday . Are you guys goin to surf and turf ? How's things ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts