Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.

Now thanks to all of you I've rounded up banjo bolts, Dirt cheap 26 in brake lines and adapters for a fraction of the price of the crap from 4wparts, Got the info to make a good decision to correct the caster, pinion angle problem discussed and rotate the knucles, and machine the pearch, welded a plate to it for correct height, and relocated the other.. 15 degree pinion angle, 7 degree caster.. located a source for rebuilt calipers (21.00 bucks each with lifetime warranty ) pads.... flat top knucles were already on it, machined for high steer..

Problem is... I've always worked with chevy stuff, and the bendix stuff goes together completely different... And it was in a box ( in pieces ) when I got it.. Now I'm ready to go back together with it and I'm not exactly sure how the caliper mounting plate should be clocked, how the floating calipers are retained, Blah blah blah.. Looks like I have all of the parts, just not sure exactly how to go back together.. What to watch for, and what NOT to do..

Front dana 44 from a 1200 I.H.... All original stuff..

Old scout has always been a big help.... Hope he'll chime in here again....

OH.. searched 25 pages of posts and nothing came even close..:D

·
Registered
955 Posts
The Caliper bracket will be clocked roughly at the 10 or 11 oclock on the right side, and 1 to 2 oclock on the left. There is really no play in the matter, if your still using the dust sheilds. HTH

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no dust shields, but thanks.. Thant's a start..:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts