Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new here. Lots of great info. Was searching in the posts and found some great info on adjusting the proportioning valve. It seemed like it would fix my brake problems since I've swapped in an 8.8. Well it didn't. Does anyone have any other suggestions????

87 YJ
97 XJ

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Is this for an XJ ? If so try a master cylinder from a 67-68 corvette they bolt right in. BTW it just sounds expensive they are only like 30$ we are all using them here with our disc brakes front and rear.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Is this on an 8.8 axle? Have you checked the tolerances on the drums? I put one in my YJ back in the day and couldnt figure out why my brakes kept adjusting till they fell apart. Turned out the drums were WAY over turned....put new drums on and they worked killer :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think that it has anything to do with the rear rotors. If I get someone to push on the petal the calipers barely move. Seems to me that I'm not getting enough fluid to the rear.

Anyone not using a booster??? Thinking of going to an aftermarket master and just eliminate the booster.
Any thoughts?

What if I remove the plunger in the prop- valve?
I already removed the o-ring.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
OK, so now you have an 8.8 on a YJ with Disk brakes? You gotta be more specific man......bits and pieces of info are hard to put together ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry thought I mentioned that in the begining. I have an 87 yj and just swapped in a 8.8 out of a 95 explorer with rear discs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts