Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a 94 YJ new stock master cylinder, stock booster. Stock HP30 front with a 97 Explorer 8.8 rear with disc brakes. 4.3 ltr Vortec, 4l60e, NP231. My problem is when the suspension is in travel the brake pedal goes to the floor, at no other time does it do this. I did check to see if any hoses when pinched, nothing. I had the master replace last week beacuse the pedal went to floor after I did a huge burn out. Since then only does it during suspension travel. I was told a motor with a bigger cam would not create enough vacumm, but I would think the problem would be happening all the time. Not just during travel. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
deadandcompany said:
huge burn out. Since then only does it during suspension travel.
Whaat, whaatt :shaking: :shaking: Seriously, I've lived with the brakes doing that. I haven't driven the jeep that much being that I was having issues smogging it in Cali. I think if you work with removing some rubber stopper thingy from the m.c. that should give you more fluid to the rear brakes. The best would be to get a m.c. from a 4 wheel disc vehicle. M.O.R.E. is the pioneer of the ford 8.8 swap into jeeps and should be able to give you some advise on the m.c./braking problem you are having.

phone# (970) 625-0500
e-mail: [email protected]

Check with them and see what they have to say, I know they have made the jeep's m.c. work with the ford 8.8
Troy

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I say they go to floor, Im mean its like having the pedal disconteced.
NO BRAKES AT ALL!!!!!!!! Pumping them doesn't help either.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Makes no sense to me, maybe I am missing something. Feel free to call during business hours and we can discuss and maybe work it out.

Van

1 - 4 of 4 Posts