Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if y'all have heard yet that INTERCO is comming out with a new tire.....it's a cross between a TSL and a BOGGER. There's talk it will be called the T'SLOGGER (T's silent). I got an e-mail from INTERCO confirming this yesterday. It's comming out first in a bias ply in 2 sizes...36X13.5-15 & 36X13.5-20 with more sizes and a radial to follow.....hopfully it wont have too much in common with the THORNEBIRD. I can't wait to see what it looks like.......I need some new tires.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
I know a guy with some "Sloggers", slightly used boggers and I bet he will sell them to you cheaper than anyone will. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The e-mail was from allison LeBlanc at INTERCO.........My e-mail to INTERCO was "I noticed on BB some people discussing the possibility of a new Swamper......something of a cross between a TSL and a BOGGER??? I'm looking to puchase some new and am very interested in this "rumor"......Is this true and if it is when will they be ready for retail??? Will they be bias or radial...what about sizes?????"
Her answer was "The rumor is true! The only sizes that are ready are in bias: 36X13.50-15 & 36X13.50-20, although we don't even have them in-house yet! We will also have a radial and many more sizes are coming"

Can't wait to see what they look like:bounce:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
eviltwin said:
...36X13.5-20?

Cool they will fit my DUBS!!:rolleyes:

I think she doesn't know what she's talking about.
There probably maketed at people that want to run dubs:flipoff2:
not at the offroad market;)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
36x13.50 is a nice size. i wanted something wide than 12.50 in the 36" TSL or SX, and I won't be able to fit 38". let's see what the tread looks like. I may be in the market for those in a few months.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
dspin said:

There probably maketed at people that want to run dubs:flipoff2:
not at the offroad market;)
Then why are they Bias ply instead of radial.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Exactly, why would they make a Bias Ply for guys who dont go offroad? That isnt a terrible size, maybe they just didnt want yet another 38", more are to come, and Interco seems to follow very well what people want

Dave

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Herkaleez said:
What are dubs???
:confused: :confused: :confused:

20 inch "Pimpin" wheels. Example in a sentance "Rollin in my Benzo (Mercedes Benz) with the Phat chrome DUBS, all of the Bizznatches are givin daddy hugs" Wow, I promise never to do that again.:eek:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Slowerthanu said:

Then why are they Bias ply instead of radial.

Because mall posers like the "mean & agressive" look of a real tire.

There are tons of mall rides around here with boggers and bias swampers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:emb4: :emb4: :emb4: OOHHH...Guess I sould have known....I don't get it, down here car = $900.00, Tires and rims = $3500:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
You guys need to get "ROCKS ONLY!" out of you heads before you bash interco for something you missed. The 20" wheel size has NOTHING to do with dubs...

What size wheel do you think guys running aggro terras use? Wait... sorry, that's "tractor tire" to you. :p

36" is the size limit for most middle/lower class mud races. Combine that with the ability to convert straight over from the wheel you already own, and it looks like we have a target market. What size wheel does this look like to you?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Cross a tire with a thinner sidewall than a SX and a tread pattern/compound that grips worse than a SX and they should have a winner on their hands.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
pmurf1 said:
Cross a tire with a thinner sidewall than a SX and a tread pattern/compound that grips worse than a SX and they should have a winner on their hands.:rolleyes:
Sorry to break the news to you - but for the 95% of the rest of the surface world that is NOT rock, SX's aren't "all that" :shaking:

·
Registered
439 Posts
DRM said:

Sorry to break the news to you - but for the 95% of the rest of the surface world that is NOT rock, SX's aren't "all that" :shaking:
Not to follow you off topic here but I recently switched to SXs and we dont have much rock here but I have found that they are "all that"! And for one reason or another the majority of my friends are running them too.. wierd....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts