Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put chromos in the back of my rear steer rockwell bouncer, ran most of one day :mad3: and snapped the long side inner at the u joint face. Went to warranty it and they said they are having probs with that particular batch being too hard.

They said they'd send out a new shaft, but it'd be out of same batch. They are now annealing them i guess and then maybe re-temper. Anyway, i guess a few have already been re-treated and they are testing them out. Figured I'd wait until it was sorted out...didn't feel like breaking another right away and ruining another brand new seal.

Anyone else having issues? Long side only or troubles with stub and/or short sides? Not going to bad mouth them, great vendor, just curious if i should be worried about the other 3 shafts of the set...

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
damn, that is a clean snapp up until the center. if you look at the steel where it is a small city that tells you there is different grain structure. re temper and annealing will help smooth out the grain structure. if the metal has too much alloying elements it will be an impossible fix no matter how much forge/annealing you do. hope they figure it out. seals are 40 each or something like that. i would wait too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts