Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, searched and couldn't find much....I have a full tube buggy weighing approx. 3500 lbs. Running 5.3 gm,th400,atlas 2spd...originally had built dana 300. I broke the back of a th400 at first, replace it with a beefed up th400 case, heli-coiled rear holes, and studs instead of bolts. Then broke adapter between trans. And t-case. Stock aluminum style (th400 to np203, I think ??) Then replaced with stock cast iron adapter and cracked it...now I do beat this thing, but some guys run twice the hp I do with this combo, so who makes the strongest adapter for this set up?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did with a tmr mount, but then got rid of it at the advise of others after the 1st adapter broke,..I was told you need to let the trans. Pivot on the mount between the trans. And t-case....motor and trans. Mounts are all poly..btw

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
I did with a tmr mount, but then got rid of it at the advise of others after the 1st adapter broke,..I was told you need to let the trans. Pivot on the mount between the trans. And t-case....motor and trans. Mounts are all poly..btw
It all needs to rotate together. Was your tcase mount in the same location as the transmission mount so that they would rotate the same?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm curious how your front driveshaft is set up. Any chance it's pushing back, against the case, under full compression (or overfull of grease and not allowing it to compress) in such a manner that it's causing the transfer case to twist, causing that breakage?

edit; and to specifically answer your questions. I have the Atlas adapters in both my rigs with TH400 / Atlas combos.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the t-case mount was on the rear of the case, about 8" behind the trans. Mount. As far as the front drive shaft, it's got 12" long slip splines, with about 4" showing, ...and only about 4" of uptravel on my shocks, should be plenty

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Yeah, the t-case mount was on the rear of the case, about 8" behind the trans. Mount. As far as the front drive shaft, it's got 12" long slip splines, with about 4" showing, ...and only about 4" of uptravel on my shocks, should be plenty
Pics of the mounts?

I'd also want to see the motor mounts.

Most I see hard mount the motor and the t-case.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll tear it down and get some pics tomorrow, I did take the front driveshaft out, it moves freely and isn't froze up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts