Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/B]Thought i would start my build up thread. so here it is.
im building an 88 runner, with a 4banger. currentyly sits on a 3in. BL and 32x11.5 bfg muds. and after a few trips to Hollister Hills i relizied i needed a SAS. i realy didnt like my truck tettering side to side with a wheel in the air.:flipoff2:

My plans:
Trail Gear 5in. SAS kit & Rear 5in. spring kit.
Longfield super axle
Aussie locker front & Rear
Yukon 5.29 Front and Rear, heat treated by bobby long.
36x12.5'' radial tsl's
sky's 1in. BL

Heres some before pics and a new toy to help with the Build:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
:smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
looks like you and me are on the same page at this point in time. i too am going with the trail gear kit but i'm only running 35's with 5.29's. i'm getting my 85 axle this friday and i'm going to go with longs as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i had to go with trail gear they have one hell of a deal goin on. and all the fabrication of the parts are perfect. here some more pics of my progress

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
i'd have some doubts as to the straightness of that front axle housing by looking at the center link. if it was bent from an impact, the housing could be too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
88wildrunner said:
Git-R-Done was gone a while ago now it Nor-Cal

[off topic] what the hell is nor*cal? is it a clothing brand or something or just saying that you live in northern california. i obviously don't hang out with the cool kids:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
300sniper said:
i'd have some doubts as to the straightness of that front axle housing by looking at the center link. if it was bent from an impact, the housing could be too.

The guy i bought the axle off of said the center link was off another truck so they bent the center link to make it fit. and the housing looks pretty straight

·
Registered
34,184 Posts
88wildrunner said:
The guy i bought the axle off of said the center link was off another truck so they bent the center link to make it fit. and the housing looks pretty straight
Check the housing before you do anything... Seriously - that centerlink looks like a stock mini truck center link. Do not allow yourself to go through all of this work only to find a bent housing.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
300sniper said:
[off topic] what the hell is nor*cal? is it a clothing brand or something or just saying that you live in northern california. i obviously don't hang out with the cool kids:D

[off topic reply] Its both, saying you live in northern ca and its a cool surf shop in Pacifica ca
http://www.norcalsurfshop.com/ ........... and you probley DO hang with the cool kids, just not the ubar wannaBe-trendy ones :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Kyron said:
[off topic reply] Its both, saying you live in northern ca and its a cool surf shop in Pacifica ca
http://www.norcalsurfshop.com/ ........... and you probley DO hang with the cool kids, just not the ubar wannaBe-trendy ones :grinpimp:
even worse is the current epidemic in socal to be cool like norcal. almost as lame as the zip codes.[lance] DONT BE DUMB PEOPLE [/lance]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey brian when i got my truck i came with that bent center link. I did not bent it to make it fit! It was already like that! My uncle gave me that axle with a strait center link. I took off the strait center link and put it on my truck. I just put the bent center link on that one so when i move it around the garage it would be easier to pickup! I dont think the axle is bent.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
ok cool thanks man. yeah when i was lookin at it, it didnt look bent so im not realy worried about it.

and here is the story on the nor-cal perpenelia, theres a group of people who think nor-cal and so-cal should be separated into to states for tax reasons and water distribution reasons, then the nor-cal and so-cal thing turned into a clothing deal. well thats what ive heard

1 - 20 of 70 Posts