Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
looking good bro. keep up the good work. im in the extact same boat as you are but not quite there yet. let me know how complete and the quality of the trail-gear stuff is, just looked on their site and they have awesome prices.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
got started on the rear today, got it all disassembeld.
heres the pics:smokin:

i also started on some tube doors

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
finaly got the ifs cut off today, heres some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
got the axle hung, just have to put the brake calipers and the get the steering on and the front is done. does any one have tips of centering the steering box for asembly of the pitman arm?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
88wildrunner said:
got the axle hung, just have to put the brake calipers and the get the steering on and the front is done. does any one have tips of centering the steering box for asembly of the pitman arm?
Turn it all the way to the left. Count the turns to the right. Now go back half the number of turns you counted.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
SAS finally done

so i finaly finished the SAS almost a week ago here are the pics, im still debating weather to leave the 3in. BL on or take it off What do you guys think?

the trail gear kit or any sas kit for that matter dosent state which way is best or esiest to mount your rear shocks so i found that mounting them both kicked back is easy and doesent require fabing up any crosmember or hoop to mount them i jus mounted the tops to the crossmember already on the frame rear of the axle. it works great on the street and alows maximum flex.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I think it looks great, but definitely too tall. I would either remove or shorten the body lift.

Great job getting that sucker together!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Take the BL pucks out and make them into 1 inch pucks and leave them like that. Gives you room to raise the tank up some and a little hand room to get your top bellhousing bolts out if need be later on down the road.

·
Registered
656 Posts
a few questions? Are you running 12" travel shocks all the way around? What measurements did you take for the "rear" rear spring hanger? How far back did you move it? I moved mine 3" back and the rear axle sits a little too far back. Just wondering if yours did the same? I'm in Santa Cruz, got an '88 sas runner with 5" TG springs all the way around too. If everything works out I'll be at hollister this weekend.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks good! I just finished up my front and working on the rear right now.

Couple of questions, what did u do for your drive shaft? Square tube? How long did you get it lengthened?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
on my rear springs i moved the spring hanger 6 in. forward and moved the SHACKLE hanger 3 in. back. i should of moved the spring hanger another inch or so cuz the wheel sits to far back in the wheel well. and for the shackle hanger i think i need to mover them back another inch because the rear sits to low with only my spare tire in the back.

for the drive shaft i went to Foothill Offroad and had them make me one. i measured about 6 in. of slip

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks good, nothing like the feeling you get after flexing out a sas after the ifs. But I'd remove some of the body lift and trim some sheetmetal if tire clearance was an issue.:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
yeah i was realy impressed at how well the truck jus crawls over things and with all the flex the truck stay pretty level, except for when i cut the corner and my truck fell in the ditch.

ive decided to take of the body lift, its always poping out of 4low cuz of the shifter hiting the body and the 3in. gap between the bumper and fender looks like crap.

next thing im gona do is make a square tube bumper with a tire swing and gas can holder on it. anyone got a pic on a nice one.
my stock bumper has been a little to well used:flipoff2:

Attachments

41 - 60 of 70 Posts