Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So ripped the heater box out to do the opposite side. Holy shit, I could smuggle people in the space that was taking up. Didnt realize the box left a gaping hole where the cowl vent was. I didnt know why I didnt think of that. But I filled it with thick foam, RTV around it. And cut the flange off the heater box to bolt up underneath.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
nice progress! I like the spacers you used for your seat brackets.
They actually came with the seats. At first I bolted them right up and ot was a little short and the seat was flat. (I'm only like 5'7") so I used taller ones in the front and the smallest in the rear, they're some kind of machined aluminum.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I did post a thread in general 4x4 to hopefully get some answers on running propane.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Found a good lead on clean unmolested orginal harnesses, gauges, and computer. Going to pull myself tomorrow morning, was snowing today so I pulled everything outta my jeep. Now's a good time to change to the single pedal since I swaped to an automatic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Well my daily died coming home from work today. Raining pretty hard, wipers slowed, lights dimmed, radio cut out, seat belt warning buzzer started up really low. Alt took a shit. Comanches never actually been towed since I got it, only jeep I've owned to not be on the hook... till today

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
New Alt and the daily is back on the road, flat skid plate for the YJ should be here by the weekend if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Back to the YJ, the new harness I got was out of a 95. For some reason it seems the ignition switches pull different directions?

The 95 when mounted wants to be pulled to start, where my 93 (I think) pushes to start?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Dash is back in with harness, have to figure out what I'm doing with radio and heater control bullshit.

Engine harness started to go back in, not done yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Got the engine harness pretty much done, ended up ditching my battery tray in the engine bay and may move it inside havent decided yet. Made a fuse box holder out of a factory YJ one and welded it to the shock hoop supports.

Also picked up my flat skid, and pulled my t case to re seal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Got the T case out, jacked the trans up till it touched the tub, will probably need to trim a little bit off the curved edge before I run this. Most of my bolts were broken in the nutserts/stripped, so I hole sawed them out and will be welding smaller plates with nuts to fit up in the frame.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Had to make these plates up to weld to the frame because the nutserts were toast.

I will have to cut out the bend in the front of the skid to have the trans pan clear in the front. Then I want to get some steel and extend the pan to cover the trans and my engine pan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Plates all welded, skid cut, and holes drilled for mounts.

Hand slipped while prying trans over and I punched one edge of the skid, cut clear through my pinky nail/tip of finger. I didnt go to the hospital because of this Covid shit. But man I probably could of gotten a stitch or two.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Comanche needs a bed so I picked one up that's in better shape, needs a little bit of work though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Picked up a short input np231 and swaped my SYE on there. Didnt quite make it all the way up before having some contact problems so some minor floor massaging was necessary.
20200520_175129.jpg
20200520_175132.jpg
20200520_175154.jpg

61 - 80 of 83 Posts