Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: This is one of my friend's DD, 84 with 22re, took the head off this weekend to replace head gasket and a head bolt broke off in the block. Suggestions for removing this bolt!!! he doesn't want to walk to work.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going to try and weld a nut to the stud, see if that works. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This happened when the head was pulled off. The bolt broke off flush with the block.:eek:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I used left hand drills to get mine out. Just make sure you get an exact center mark on the stud. We used bigger and bigger bits until there wasn't much left of the stud. Then it caught and spun it right out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
if it broke because it was seized then there is no way in hell that you can get it out with an easy out . You will only break the easy out and be in a deeper hole. If you ever had to drill out an easy out you would know to never use one on a seized bolt. sounds like 85TrailToy got lucky but its worth a shot considering helicoil is next best answer

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
TAP DIES. Ran into this same thing a week ago, drill out the bolt as much as you can, but leave about an 1/8" of the bolt in there BE CENTERED, get a tap die set, or just one anyway, and get one that matches the other bolts(easy way to tell is get a nut that fits over the bolt and match that bolt to the threader) and rethread the hole. This is assuming that all the above options dont work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts