Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever broke a steering knuckle caused by improper steering setup or anything? pics too please.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
naw.. i dont think anyone has, thats why the companys like deadenbear and crane are makeing the super heavy duty one becasue the factory ones are un-breakable. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I cracked a knuckle on my 44 in half :D

-David

·
Registered
670 Posts
although it's not a common item to break it does happen. i have personally welded up 2 broken steering knuckles on the con- one was a jeep that required the knuckle to be clamped together to weld-up and then weld the top bearing cap on the knuckle and then weld the spindle to the knuckle. the jeep was driven out of the con with out any more problems. the other break was a toyota landcrusier on 38" tires- top bearing cap was also welded to knuckle after knuckle was repaired. i also welded a d30f on a jeep that snapped the part of the casting that accepts the t.r.e where it joins at the knuckle. i have no pics of the repairs-sorry. these repairs all held up and allowed the owners of the vehicles to drive them out of the trails. this is also a list comprised from 30 years of rock runs. nowdays everyone likes 36" tires or bigger if they can fit them in their rig.lately i've seen broken d60f knuckle on a trail rig- never thought i'd see that happen but any thing can be broken i guess. i think a person's driving style also determines what does or does not happen out on the trail .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts