Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
No, it's not. Weak frames that flex like a rubber dong, axles that are made of pot metal and leftover sewer pipe, leaf springs and bastardized almost link suspension, engines that make fuckall power while weighing a ton, transmissions that feel like like you're swimming in a vat of jello, and an overflowing toilet that handles the fuel metering.

"Works good for what it is, once you swap all of those parts out for aftermarket."

:laughing:
LOL....

So tell me what most people use as donor axles for their IFS rigs....
My trans is a manual with a 6.6:1 first gear.
you got me on engines....they were slugs.

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
All light duty C-channel ladder frames are designed to flex. Flexing before breaking is a good thing.

I don't know about the "toilet bowl" thing either, my Ramcharger is EFI. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If that new Bronco is as cool as some of the fenders I've seen, I'm trading my Tacoma in on one. But I doubt Ford will actually make it look good....

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
LOL....

So tell me what most people use as donor axles for their IFS rigs....
My trans is a manual with a 6.6:1 first gear.
you got me on engines....they were slugs.
Superduties, 14 bolts, D70HDs, Rockwells, Axletechs, Mogs, etc. Anyone that swaps a fucking old style D44, Toy 8", 30 spline D60 rear, etc, in is basically an idiot as these axles just aren't good enough to justify the cost and effort to install them. Nobody wants your HP D44 front, although I will give it to you that you've got one of the not as shitty ones as it should have axle tubes instead of the cast in wedge bullshit.

The low gear in your transmission almost makes up for the lack of proper low range in your tcase. No overdrive though, although it's not like you were going to get better than single digit fuel economy anyways.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
please explain how they dont flex like each other :laughing:
Heavy frames have a much harder temper, for one thing. But maybe that is beyond your understanding, since it's pretty obvious that a flat, tempered frame will flex differently than a press formed C-channel that drops in the center. :homer:

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
Heavy frames have a much harder temper, for one thing. But maybe that is beyond your understanding, since it's pretty obvious that a flat, tempered frame will flex differently than a press formed C-channel that drops in the center. :homer:

just as i thought you cant explain how they flex different, instead you try to "school me" on the hardness of the metal used in the frames as if im not aware of it. theyre both c channel frames designed to flex, very similar yet you want to "correct me" and say theyre apples to oranges or some dumb shit.

feel free to explain how they flex different :homer:

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
im about to start posting pictures of HD truck frames flexing vs LD truck frames :flipoff2:

then im gonna start arguing with myself :laughing:

·
What did you expect?
12,759 Posts

Attachments

·
Change is good.
35,184 Posts
Weren't the ford frames specifically designed to articulate?
Maybe in day-to-day application, although I've never seen a credible cite for it. In rockcrawling applications they would bust body or bed mount bolts. My 90 Bronco had an internal cage, a rear 2x3x.250 rear bumper and a .188 wall front bumper that did a good job of fixing all that flex. As a bonus it stopped creaking and squeaking just going down the freeway.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Blazers are best. When you swap in a 454 you don't need to change transmissions or bell housings. If you are up grading from a 400sb you don't even need to change your flex plate/ flywheel. Just install a 70 chevelle fuel pump and go. Chevrolet also has the best parts interchangeably.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts