Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the rear body mounts on my 96 bronco are rusted and one finally decided to break through. this is my DD so im tryin to get it fix sooner rather than later. heres my problem.

fords are discontinued, no local aout parts stores can get them, LMC and broncograveyard.com only have the rad support bracket. searchin the web hasnt found me anything as of yet. does anyone still sell these brackets or am i lookin to go junkyard huntin?

its a 96 bronco, and the bracket i need is the frame-to-body mount bracket that riveted to the frame right in front of the back tire. i need both sides.
any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I take that the whole thing broke right? or just the bolt whole rusted out allowing the body mount to fall through? Well if the whole damn thing broke then get yourself some 3x6 steel tube, the rectangle kind and a cut a new mount out of that, then weld it to some 1/4 plate and bolt it up to the old rivet holes or weld it. If just the potion that holds the mount broke then get yourself a big ass washer and weld that in.

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/?p=177

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it actually rusted through on the sides, its good where the body mounts to it. i have seen the bi washers they sell to fix that area but its still good on that portion of the mount.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else have any ideas on what i can do? ill be hitting the u pull it yards next weekend if i cant find anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts