Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at using a set of bronze kingpin bushings on my rig (yj, d60's, 40's) but it sees a lot of street time and the bronze bushings are advertised as offroad use only. Is the "offroad only" just to legally cover their ass? Does anyone run them on a DD? pro's con's? (please move if deemed not hardcore)

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
I plan to run bronze bushings and set screws through my high steer arms on the street. I'd bet the "off road only" is to cover their ass.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep thinking that, but i'll have to buy different high-steer arms and the bushings to run them. Hoping there will be more responses......

·
Registered
481 Posts
i havent finished putting together my front 60 but i have bronze bushings and artec arms. my rig will see a good amount of on road use as well. i dont see how it would matter. it's a better all around set up. to bad they didnt come from the factory like that.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Old Dodge power wagons ran bronze kingpin bushings but when they
Wore you had to re shim the knuckle I would think the self adjusting feature of the spring style arms would be better

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I personally dont see a problem with it. I have a couple friends that have put lots of miles on rockwell rigs and they have bronze bushings. I know its not apples to apples, but same general concept. Im putting together a D60 for my tow rig and it will get bronze bushings in it. My $.02
Thomas

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
how long have you run them for, on road/offroad, what size tire?
42" Iroks and now 39" Krawlers..... Had them for almost a year, offroad only. Read their website, they have been testing them since 2008 and repeat use at KOH with no loss of preload or failure of any kind.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts