Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, i ordered a stubby bumper today from btf and they said they were on back order and should be getting some in late this week, early next week and will ship asap. i then talked to a few wheeling buddys and they said that they heard of a couple people who ordered stuff from them and it took months to get...has anyone had trouble getting parts in a timely fashion from these guys? thanks a lot
(no diss, just a general 4x4 question)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
ive heard good things.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences with them. All orders I've had arrived from Al. to Ca. with in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am only in Louisiana and they are in Bama but, I have received everything in less than a week. Nothing but praises for BTF from me.

·
Registered
908 Posts
took me 6 weeks to get a set of spring perches shipped to Florida from them, their website said they were In stock and I paid the extra money for express shipping, did not get anything, I emailed them nothing, finally had to call 3 times to get my shit.
they did deliver a nice product just 5 weeks and a bunch of lies too late.
IMHO there are too many other companies out there that have products that are just as good and no reputation for poor service.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
if i had a product and it took me a month to deliver, i probably wouldn't be too proud of telling people. i wanted an unbiased answer
so you ordered something that you know was back ordered,the time frame that they told you has not even passed and your already jumping the gun to question a very reputable company in the business.i think you should at least give them a chance to deliver before you start a thread like this:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
so you ordered something that you know was back ordered,the time frame that they told you has not even passed and your already jumping the gun to question a very reputable company in the business.i think you should at least give them a chance to deliver before you start a thread like this:flipoff2:

X2, delete this shit. Every company runs into speed bumps with some transactions, it's just the nature of the industry. Dan is a stand up guy and isn't going to go out of his way to screw a customer over. He'll get the stuff to you as quick as he can, until then just be patient and realize you ordered a custom fabricated part and it may take time

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
and furthermore, to the OP, you are goig off of some he said she said shit....you are told it's going to be on b/o....are you coming on here to try and start shit?

also, there is a bad sellers/vendor forum that you can post this kind of stuff in ONCE your deal has gone awry....how about giving them the benefit of the doubt before you try to piss on their business online....

·
Registered
235 Posts
X2, delete this shit. Every company runs into speed bumps with some transactions, it's just the nature of the industry. Dan is a stand up guy and isn't going to go out of his way to screw a customer over. He'll get the stuff to you as quick as he can, until then just be patient and realize you ordered a custom fabricated part and it may take time
x10000
BTF is a great shop and I've never had a problem with them. Everyone has backorder issues- you've got to be patient.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I think it is fine question to ask others if the lead times given to them by BTF were accurate in the past. That said all you can do is just check back with them when they said it would ship and follow up. Dan is a very reasonable and respected guy, he will shoot your straight. My rig is up there now having some work done to it and I have been very happy with my dealings with Dan and his staff. In the past I took internet gossip and hearsay for fact, and probably posted inaccurate info about other peoples dealings that may or may not have been true. I think they had a problem during the move getting things out, as any company naturally would. Dan told me yesterday all systems are go for their mail order parts, but they don't always stock every single item they sale.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
BTF just moved from Dothan, AL to Bham, AL. Moved EVERYTHING. Dan hasn't been on Pirate much lately because he's been busy with the move. But you're a fucking idiot for starting this thread, and starting shit about BTF for no reason. Go play in traffic assbag.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
But you're a fucking idiot for starting this thread, and starting shit about BTF for no reason. Go play in traffic assbag.
:confused:
Did you even read the original question? There was no "starting shit". The guy has accurately read and heard that there were delays in the recent past, and was concerned about it. Why is he an "idiot". Maybe he posted in the wrong section as there is no tech, but other than that his question has been answered by other people and I am sure he feels much better about his purchase.

For what it is worth, I am sure that BTF wants to get this bumper out at the first possible chance. Most vendors hate backorders as much as, or more than, customers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts