Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Vendor
4,105 Posts
Thank You Nolen for the dinner I'm still wanting to eat! It was awesome to have some out of town guests. It was cool to see how nice your rigs were and to see those awesome sunray engineering super u joints.
Weekends like this have me gettin out the paper and pencil makin lists of things I want to do to my truck to make it better. Running with the BTG has certainly taught me a few things:grinpimp:
Gotta get a set of those rocklights that whitebro had:smokin:
It was really cool to meet some new hardcore wheelers!
Thanks again everyone for helping me out, especially Dennis for getting me out of seed of chuckey and back on my trailer:beer:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Man I miss AZ wheelin'! Great footage and I really enjoyed the commentary. This is what wheelin' is all about, Great rigs, Great people, Great wheelin, and Great food. Sounds like a hell of a time.:smokin:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
wngrog said:
Dude, you are the man! Fun as hell riding with you on the trail.......like I said, that was the first time I had ever "ridden" in a rockcrawler on anything other than flat ground...thanks for breaking me in gently :)
Thanks, and no problem on the ride... hopefully you won't need one next time though, make sure you have an axle truss before you come back:flipoff2::laughing::beer:

Oh, and thanks for the grub and the :beer:'s :grinpimp:

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
man, you guys are nuttier than squirrel turds!

thanks for posting this thread. great write-up, pics and vids!:beer:

sure makes rubicon look like some major mall crawling.....

·
Premium Member
17,818 Posts
TNToy said:
SHOTGUN!

Hell... I'll ride in the toolbox if that's what it takes to get out to AZ :D

If the rig's full, that's fine. Shit, if the BTG crew even suspects they could be hanging with Tracy or Alicia instead of me, they'll kick my bony ass. And I won't blame them a bit. :flipoff2:

But if you need a camera bitch who won't whine about wanting to ride up everything instead of hopping out & shooting it, lemme know. I solemnly swear to NEVER turn the camera off. ;)

Shit I'll ride on the hood and help with the gas bill:D

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Glad to hear everybody enjoyed themselves despite some set backs.:eek:
Thanks to Jim and Nolen for the excellent grub. It hit the spot for sure.:smokin:

And thanks for the awesome photo and video coverage guys.................

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Great write up. I'm kind of sorry I could not make it, but after reading this, I think I made the right move. I know Randy's rig drives circles around mine, and if he was having trouble, you know it is FUN!

Sorry to see the carnge, but you have to admit it makes for a good story. :)

That rear axle housing carnage is interesting. Looks like all of the tears were either on welds, or right next to them. A good example of finding a stress risers.

-Wayne

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Thanks for the AWESOME BBQ to the Texas boys, you boys know how to do it up right. I'm talkin' make you wanna slap yo momma good. I wonder if :massey: is over his fire ass yet from the special sauce.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Here is what the crack on Pet Cemetery looks like during the day. I tried to get some night shots but none of the pics turned out. You will either make this line look easy or all hell breaks loose :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Thanks for the pics and video Chris! I haven't wheeled ina while, and this stuff keeps my spirits up. I hope to post some good shots this upcoming summer, if I can find some big rocks here... Maybe I can find some ice blocks to crawl over...

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Wow...those look like some pretty knarly trails! Good pics and video as always, the storyline commentary was excellent as well...

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Nolen so what is the verdict on that rear end? What all broke and were there flaws in the workmanship that lead to this or just a matter of wheeling it hard?

Great coverage as usual.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Bones said:
Nolen so what is the verdict on that rear end? What all broke and were there flaws in the workmanship that lead to this or just a matter of wheeling it hard?

Great coverage as usual.
The weld between the axle tube and the 3rd broke. It was no ones fault but my own for not running an axle truss to spread the load better.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Looks like some kick ass wheeling.:grinpimp:

Nolan maybe you outa start running the trails backwards so you can get some wheeling in before you break.:D

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Holy sh1t!!!
Total pucker trails.

Nolen, why does the axle look funny? It looks like the tube was butt welded to the center and not pressed in. Did it break the pressed section inside the center?

41 - 60 of 76 Posts