Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of racing with a 140,000+ mile stock 4.0L Jeep motor we have decided to take it to the next level. All though we have had great success with our current set up, we fill that these new mods are necessary to stay competitive in this class.

Current Set up:
-140,000+ mile 4.0 L Jeep 6cylinder Motor
-AX15 Manual Trans
-Atlas 4 speed 10:1 T-Case
-Rear LP Dana 60, 35 spline, ARB
-Front HP Dana 44, 35 spline, ARB, Dana 60 King Pin outers
-JE Reel drive shafts
-King 2.5x14 coilovers w/ 2.5x14 triple bypass shocks in the rear
-King 2.5x14 IBP coilovers and 2.0 shorty bumps in the front

New Set up:
-CBM built LS1
-Maximum Trans built TH400, rev. manual valve body and 300m shafts
-Atlas 2 speed 3.8:1 T-Case
-Rear LP Dana 60, 35 spline, ARB (for now)
-Front True Hi9, Trail Gear 3.5 tube housing, Reid inner and outer Dana 60 C’s, 35 spline, Detroit
-JE Reel drive shafts
-King 2.5x14 coilovers w/ 2.5x14 triple bypass and 2.0 shorty bumps in rear
-King 2.0x14 coilovers w/ 2.5x14 triple bypass and 2.0 shorty bumps in front

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. EMC is going to be legit this year. :smokin:

What axle ratio?
5:38's. Can't wait for race day. With the cars that are going to show up next year things will be interesting.

All these LS swap builds and yet the guy that keeps winning is a stock class car with a jeep motor. Just saying.
Making the decision to steer away from the all mighty 4.0 liter wasn't easy. That motor has put us on the podium in every race in our class. It has even finished 42nd in 2012 KOH main race. This change is what we think it is going to take to be competetive in this class.

You weren't kidding when you said major overhaul! You'll be moving! Let me know if you need anything.
After trying to catch you guys last year, we new that we had to do something to stay in the hunt. Thanks for the help at your shop the other day. You guys really helped me wrap my mind around what I want to do with my steernig.

It's not going to help:flipoff2:

You better get moving. Need to be tuning by November.
Hurry up and finish yours. I could use some help. You know deep down you would like to get your hands on a square pair!

Cool, always liked this rig! Nice choice in drivetrain, very similar to another 4500 car I know :p
Thanks!

·
Savvy Off Road
3,954 Posts
All these LS swap builds and yet the guy that keeps winning is a stock class car with a jeep motor. Just saying.

Looks like a bullet proof build.
Actually we swapped in a LS3 before this years race. Since we were running in the Mod class we could. We hurt the stroker Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Motor and trans tacked in place and starting to mock up the front end.
Shit you stripped her down.. Damm I forgot to mention, We now have the Savvy LJ,TJ LS motor mounts available. The same exact style mounts that were on The Savvy Currie LJ LS3 platform. Keep moving strong....... Looks ggod so far
Johhny

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much extra wheelbase and are you concerned with DS angle with the LP60 ?

Looks good !!
Wheelbase will stay at 108". The LP60 worked before with the 4 speed Atlas and 7" up/7" down travel. Changing out the 4 speed for the 2 speed will make the rear D-shaft about 4" longer. The LP60 will be the next project along with a few other adjustment on the rear of the car, but that will have to come after 2014 EMC.

Looks like I'll be looking for a new tuning partner. If all goes well. You'll be tuning on the lake bed....the day before the race:flipoff2:

See you tomorrow and I'll let you buy me a beer.
I will be ready to tune beginning of December.

What are you doing with those IBP's
Jason is putting them on the buggy he is racing.

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Oh man good times ahead on this one. My trail truck was no where near this level and I still had to completely rebuild the floor and bed area. Looks good :smokin:

1 - 20 of 382 Posts