Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
whos got and tried the duel case crossmember from budbuilt? looks like a great unit!! any pics? pretty durable? takes a beatin?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Easy to install, can get it with a built in drivetrain lift if needed, I got mine with 2", rock solid. I dropped my truck down on a nice sized rock and couldn't even tell where I hit, if it wasn't there I would have known by the big gouge in my frame!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
No mounts only the bolts to hold the mounts to the crossmember and the bolts for the crossmember to the skid. No mounts and no frame bolts.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found them for 250 and somother place i found had it for 230 anyonne get a better deal anyother place...gota get my handz on this piece:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
but it does bolt up to the existing holes in the frame right?
Absolutely! Thats why you dont get new frame mounting bolts or a new tranny mount......You reuse your old stuff, cause the x-member bolts right it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm not sure who Bud has worked with as distributors, but I'm pretty sure for you west coast guys, that Marlin and Inchworm carry them.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Getting one from Bud would be great.....but the shipping from NY to so Cal/west coast may stop someone from buying one.

Thats why you get one from inchworm or Marlin. Granted Bud may get a smaller cut if you go this route, but its still better than him getting nothing because someone didnt buy one because of shipping. Plus it gets more of his products out there, which in the long run can only help him along. :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
my buddy just got a set of those bananna shackles from BUD and those things are beefier than hell..if his x-member is built anything like those,i would say it would take one hell of a beating

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Cracker said:
Absolutely! Thats why you dont get new frame mounting bolts or a new tranny mount......You reuse your old stuff, cause the x-member bolts right it.
Wellll... I dunno as I agree. The stock xmember is stamped steel, very thin. Buds is very thick - thus the xmember mounting bolts end up with very little bite into the frame mounting holes. I opted for all new high-grade, 45mm long replacements from Fastenal for about $7 with washers.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Alabamatoy: Smaller Pics!!:flipoff2:

What header do you have and where did you get the pipe from the header to the cat??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Toyotafourwheeln said:
my buddy just got a set of those bananna shackles from BUD and those things are beefier than hell..if his x-member is built anything like those,i would say it would take one hell of a beating
Yup! they're made out of the same steel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.