Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got this finished as far as the fab is concerned. Cut all the light holes, ramp holders, hitch and and decking on the dove. Turned out pimp, excited to get this back from paint and installed. Unfortunately, once it gets mounted the stacks will have to wait for spring. Winter is coming fast in MN with a few snowfalls so far so this is headed to storage. As soon as the stacks are mounted, the motor's getting turned up a bit. Oh, got the center caps on the wheels too along with the windows tinted and a nice split bench. The old seat was pretty tore up.

·
Registered
29,000 Posts
that's a good looking truck.

what's the weight of your deck vs the weight of the box?

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Looks killer!! Want to see it loaded up.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update: Got my brother and I's rigs loaded for a wheeling trip this past weekend. After about 8hrs behind the wheel of a truck this size I've came to a few conclusions. (I've never driven a truck this big other than a few miles here and there)

1. Driving is 100% analog and reminds me of the first time I took my CJ5 for a ride as a 16yr old. It wonders just enough to keep you paying attention and it's fawking awesome! Same smile as I had back then. You're driving this thing, you're not just riding along.

2. Gears 1-4 are almost worthless. Start in 2nd or 3rd and quickly hit 4th. You're in 6th at about 42mph, then its a loooonnnggg ramp up to 65-70mph which is top speed. :laughing: Never felt out of power, it just is what it is.

3. People dive in front of semi's all day long. Holy shit, I never realized this one. God damn I wanted to jam the gas instead of the breaks on the trip home and spin some dipshits into the ditch.:mad3:

4. We've got just shy of $10k all in, on this and it's so fun. If you've got room to store one, there's just no way to do it better for the same money.

·
Registered
29,000 Posts
you ain't lying.

I bounced a dachshund off the dashboard in the uhaul.

people have zero comprehension what it takes to stop a truck.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts