1984-1985
All
Front TOYOTA 8" rg 30 0 XD-20830 $260.00 $199.99
1984-1989
Except V6 Rear TOYOTA 8" rg 30 0 XD-20830 $260.00 $199.99

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Look's like a lockright to me. I'd say it would be the same deal as a lock right. From what I know a lock right won't useally last long with tires bigger than 36's.

Not saying they won't work cuz I know guy's that have run Lockrights with 38's and 40's. I just feel that with anything bigger than a 36 you'll probly get more/better life out of a Detroit or ARB.

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
One question though, is the $199 price for U.S. customers since they're located in

·
Registered
671 Posts
:eek:
if those are aussie dollars then thats one damn cheap locker...
$126.27 US dollars!

looking through their application list i didnt see anything over 30 splines listed so they cant be that tough...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Email reply from Aussie Lockers

I emailed the owner of the company to get some answers for everyone. Here is his reply:

Thank you for your e-mail and providing the link to the pirate4x4 site. Great
place!!

Yes, I was one of the founders of Vehicle Technologies, Inc. and we were the ones thats brought the Lock Right locker to the commercial market starting in 1993. I sold my interests in November 1996.

There are fundamental similarities between most automatic lockers. This is due to the laws of physics that direct certain methods be used in locking and unlocking the gears. The Aussie Locker has a number of innovations not found in other lockers and we feel that the manufacturing processes we use as well
as our design philosophy make the Aussie Locker a very reliable product. There is an unlimited mileage, but limited 2 year warranty. A copy is on our web site for your review.

Torq-Masters Technology, Inc. is a USA company and our prices are quoted in USA dollars

As you know, the Aussie Locker Introductory Pricing is already the most competitive in the industry.

I noted a comment in the pirate web site about the spline counts. The present offering is only our initial product offering. In a few days our entire model listing will be on the site and will include Dana 70's, Chev. 10 and 12 bolts, plus Ford 9" and 8.8". The new models will be added to the line during the summer.

One additional point of comment on the pirate web site. We do not have a tire size limit that will void our warranty. It is not the size of the tires that usually cause a locker to fail.

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Best regards,

Bill

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Cool! Time to start savin' my pennies.:D

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I mailed this guy and asked him a few questions, he replied back WITHIN 10 MINUTES!!

Im forseeing him as an awesome guy to work with.

Prices are in US dollars :( Still not a bad price though. He is sending me the advanced version of the install manual and asking me to look over it for him, if any of you would like to look over it as well and provide some suggestions, or just look at it for the hell of it, PM me or mail me and I'll forward a copy to you.

Dave

·
Registered
608 Posts
I don't have the cool wheeling that you WEST coaster have :flipoff2: but I went ahead and ordered one to be here before Saturday. I'm pulling the front axle apart to be rebuilt again and I'll put this in while I'm there. If anyone is interested, I'll let you know how the first run goes.

It'll most likely be here: www.paragonap.com

Dave... can you shoot those directions to me please:

[email protected]

Thanks!

BTW... 1984 2wd toyota x-cab pickup body on and 82 4x4 frame, AP 5.5" LTs on all 4, Dual T-cases with stock gears in both, detroit soft in the rear, 86 rear, 85 front, 4.56's. Just incase you wanted to know what it was going in..........

Jon

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
He said he'd get it to me late next week once it finishes, and I'll get a copy to you the second I get it.

Dave

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks Dave! I assume he'll provide the same thing when they ship. As long as it's here by Saturday, I'll take a lot of pictures of the product and the install and they should be posted by monday sometime.

If you guys have any specific questions that I can answer while doing the install, I'll check back here.

Jon

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Guys do yourselves a favour if i am correct and i do beleive i am these lockers are WEAK WEAK WEAK they are an inferior copy of the Lockright and is manufactured and distributed in Australia badged as a LOKKA by 4WD Systems in Adelaide Australia.
These are renowned in Australia for being very weak compared to a genuine Lockright.

But i may be jumping to conclusion here. But i do know for a FACT that these Aussie Lockers are manufactured by 4WD Systems in Adelaide as well.

·
Vendor
2,356 Posts
Incorrect Information on Aussie Locker

The information on the Aussie Locker provided by Outerlimits4x4 is incorrect. Totally incorrect and we have to wonder about the motivation in placing this on a respected web site.

The fact that our product resembles the Lock Right is due to the laws of physics that dictate what you can put in a differential to generate the traction improvement available from our product. The same comments on looking similar to the EZ and Ultra locker. However, our product has patent pending differences and some that are not apparent to someone just looking at a photograph.

The real test of a product is in how it works and our products have been proven time and time again during the engineering and prototype processes. A company would have to be stupid to bring out a weak product and then offer a two year, unlimited mileage and with no tire size limitation warranty.

The owners of Torq-Masters have years of experience in the 4 wheel market and while we are saddened by the type of comments raised on the site by uniformed people, we do want to thank those who have an open mind and have purchased our products.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Aussielocker,

Congratulations! It's not too often you'll see a company hop on the board and start throwing down :D

Really though... OutterLimits is just looking out for everyone here. Hense his "I may be wrong" sentence. We do that kind of thing here!

For those of you who want to delete this for "advertising" Well, you may want to reconsider. He has a right to defend his product just as much as we have a right to discuss it.

I have ordered one of your lockers (as stated above) with the pure intention of testing it. Yep - Guniea Pig for the East! Obviously, I'll post my personal results here. Maybe that'll help others out.

By the way.... Welcome "Newbie" :D

Jon

·
Registered
695 Posts
As soon as Jon (dogdenII) gets his, I may assist in the install. If all works good for him, I'll be the next to buy one for my front. I can't wait to see the results!!

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Aussielocker - you can feel free to contact me about sending one of your lockers to the staff here at Pirate4x4.com for real world testing and evaluation if you are interested :)

We don't sugar coat, and we do shoot it straight when it comes to how products hold up in the real world.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Re: Pirate Locker Evaluation

aussielocker said:
Dave,

We will be pleased to send a unit for your evaluation. Please contact us at [email protected] with the diff model you have and the ship to information.

Thanks for the offer.

Bill
<clap><clap><clap><clap>

:D There is only one way to prove a point!
:D You just did it!

Jon

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Re: Pirate Locker Evaluation

aussielocker said:
Dave,

We will be pleased to send a unit for your evaluation. Please contact us at [email protected] with the diff model you have and the ship to information.

Thanks for the offer.

Bill
Dave officially sucks right now.............how did web moderators get into testing????

oh, we can test them at www.wheelingarizona.com you can use me as a point of contact!:D :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts