Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was copied off another thread.

The Del Mar Fair is having there annual Buggy racing event in the arena on July 1st, last year there were over 30 entries, class 1 cars to old school beam cars and a variety of sand cars, there are sets of woops, some hair pin turns and a nice table top, the cars run 1 at a time and get to go 4 times during the day, twice at 1:00 and twice at 5:00 and they throw out the slowest of the 4 times, i think it is a $20 entry and you get free admission to the fair for you and a guest, you can sign up by calling Gary at B and R Buggy at 760-722-1266 -- i am sure he could answer any questions also, hope to see a good turn out once again.

Tuff Truck Racing

June 30, 2008

1:00PM and 5:00PM

Price:
Free with Fair admission

Parking: $9.00 on site; free off site

Competitors in both Street and Open classes will race individually against the clock on a track chock full of bumps and jumps. Winners will be determined by the fastest times.
For more information, please contact:
http://www.wgasmotorsports.com
San Diego County Fair
858-755-1161
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Are they having different classes? What kinda safety specs and vehicle requirements do they have? I'm wondering if my Pro-Mod rock buggy would be legal.

EDIT: I see they are doin a Tuff Truck competition the day before. That sounds pretty fun too, but again there are no rules or vehicle specs posted.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Hmm, that does sound like fun.. My axles can't take much of a jump....
Somehow I dont think there's enough room in that arena to jump your car anywhere near as big as I've already done in the desert. Oh wait, nevermind. I've always treated your buggy with the utmost restraint and care. :flipoff2:

BTW, for those who read as quickly as me and didn't catch it there are actually 2 separate events listed in that first post. Buggy races on the 1st, and tuff truck on the 30th. I'm trying to get info on both to decide which would be more fun in the trooper.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Ok I finally got ahold of sombody at WGAS, but still didn't get a whole lot of info. She said she'd call me back with details.

Basically you just have to go to the web site listed above, and pre-register. I asked about vehicle safety requirements, but she wasn't sure and the web site doesn't have any info either, so she said she'd call me back. Regardless I'm betting that our competition crawlers will pass any tech inspection they have.

Also that phone number is just the general Del Mar Fairgrounds number, and I wasn't about to mess around with trying to find someone on there. I called WGAS on the number on their site, and was forwarded to this number. 916-215-9427

1 - 7 of 7 Posts