Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to build a buggy need advice on axles. Motor plans are a toyota 4cyl on propane Toyota trans and tcase with 37s-38s. I was thinking dana 44s

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Stupidest shit I ever read. Had a buddy with a yota on 37s was his rock crawler done just fine
You could probably run stock TJ axles to save cash. That toyota motor on propane is only gonna make about 16 horsepower anyway. Hell TJ axles already have all the link mounts built in for you. This guy is completely retarded. They seem to be coming out of the wood work lately

·
aka WIZZO
1,462 Posts
i ran fj80 axles front and rear with a chevy 4.3, th350, toyota duals and sticky bfg 39" krawlers in my old yota pickup. they took some good abuse with stock shafts in both axles. the birfs in the fj80 stuff is alot bigger than the mini truck and you get the 9.5" rear chunk with the 80 stuff. only thing i had to do was up grade the rear drive flange hardware on the rear axle to bigger studs and added some extra press in studs to help from shearing the bolts. for something light and 4cyl i'd consider fj80 axle's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts