Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this in the Newb Section because frankly I dont exactly know where to post it.

I am looking for the program that allows you to pre build your rig on a computer so you can see if your tires are going to rub the frame, body ect... and show you wheel travel.

Thanks for any help you can offer

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
solidworks.

bend tech will help you lay out the tubework so you generate less waste and have an easier time assembling the tubework.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, next question I went to that site

If I get that program can you take the plans from there to a shop, and have them input from the plans to the CNC machine?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
you plan to have them cnc the rig from one peice?:flipoff2:

they should be able to use some of the files depending on what types of files they need. and you can convert from bend tech to solid works and back. go check out offroadfabnet.com there was a discussion about it I was just reading earlier.

·
Vendor
2,594 Posts
Thanks, next question I went to that site

If I get that program can you take the plans from there to a shop, and have them input from the plans to the CNC machine?
Most CNC shops will want XYZ apex locations for the bends, LRA/YBC (Length, Rotation & Angle) or a dimensioned print. Bend-Tech will allow all options.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am posting this in the Newb Section because frankly I dont exactly know where to post it.

I am looking for the program that allows you to pre build your rig on a computer so you can see if your tires are going to rub the frame, body ect... and show you wheel travel.

Thanks for any help you can offer
Do you have any drafting, mechanical drawing skills? It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to ass-u-me you've never used CAD? Bro, that is one hellova steep learning curve for the average Joe to get an accurately cycled suspension travel and the like.
I had an idea for my own CAD designed simple bumpers, brackets, and such. I pursued it for a short time on my own.:eek: I'll have to continue my pursuit later when I have more time to learn.
Perhaps you'll have better results than I did. I felt like I was feeling my way around a dark room many times.
Here's a link to a free 2-d drawing software for very basic stuff, for a little selt-test for ya.
http://www.cadstd.com/
Click on 'free version' for the download link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts