Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on how to best layout the dash and console for my buggy. If anyone has pics of theirs and opinons on what works and what you would change on yours that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
This has been covered before but heres mine again.

Only thing I am going to change is to put all the wiring behind the dash with a connector coming out to the rest of the chassis. Right now the fuse blocks an relays are on the firewall and it's kind of a rats nest.

If I were to build a new one I'd use toggle switches for the ARB's like the rest of the switches. The ARB marine style rocker switches take up too much space.

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
This has been covered before but heres mine again.

Only thing I am going to change is to put all the wiring behind the dash with a connector coming out to the rest of the chassis. Right now the fuse blocks an relays are on the firewall and it's kind of a rats nest.

If I were to build a new one I'd use toggle switches for the ARB's like the rest of the switches. The ARB marine style rocker switches take up too much space.
Take up too much space for what:confused: I'm going the opposette and running all ARB type switches. One, I like the ease of just push to switch even with gloves on. Two, I got a bunch of them for free sooo.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts

the top 2 are my front and rear winch controls. only thing i would change is to get a volt gauge the same size as the other ones, and get the stereo installed.

·
Registered
289 Posts
passenger side before paint

passenger side complete

basic layout before switches & gauges

basic tube structure before sheet-metal

·
Registered
289 Posts
drivers side

passenger side

using dzus fasteners & sheet-metal panels I put the battery, fuses, relays & other electrical equipment in the center console:)

drivers side

passenger side

·
Registered
4,756 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris, you said this has been covered before...can you direct me to where? I have used the search feature and cannot locate a dash specfic thread.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts