Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on a buggy leaf on my truck. the main leaf is off a downsized cherokee and the buggy is a 86 toy rear main cut at the center pin about 27" long. it is connected at the frame with a 1/2" bolt and 2 u-bolts. I don't know much about buggy leafs but I think that it should drop a little bit more than 4" off the frame. And the main pack doesn't start to fan at all even when the tire is off the ground. :confused:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Disconnect your shocks and see if it gets better, or there is a lack of movement somewhere else. My buggy leaf worked twice as much after ditching the IFS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
disconnected the shocks still no difference. But when it is flexing the back tire seems to stuff al the way into the fender well could that be the problem.
thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
how many leafs did you use?i run one on mine and it drops like mad, once i changed out to my 9012's i was able to use them like they should

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i also only have one leaf. Do you have the wide housing or fullsize housing.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
I suppose your tire hitting the frame could lmit it, ahrd to say without seeing it. With my IFS housing, the tires would rub on the frame, yours must be all over it!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
You need to be in a good twist not just a static drop to get it to really pull away. Aslo it hepls allllot if you are running big heavy tires and axles.

·
Registered
350 Posts
did you ever check the slip in the driveshaft? mine bottoms out there first if i pick it straight up to check shock length,s :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
another thing to take into consideration is the buggy leaf that you used..did it have decent arch to it or was it a worn out flat spring? if it was worn out, it won't do crap..i tried that once before with a flat spring and it dropped about 2-3". i used a spring that had some decent arch to it and it drops about 7-8" from the frame..another thing i noticed is when i have the truck really twisted up, the rear doesn't seem to do as well as it should.the reason is, it is binding itself up.. i need to make some sort of swivel shackle to allow the side to side movement..but twist up the truck and just pay attention to the other stuff to see if anything looks in a bind.HTH:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help guys. I put a 87 4runner axle under the truck and used a rancho rear lifft spring for a toy on the buggy works sweet:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts