Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
waait...i am buying an upgrade...dont go...

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
if that's what you need to tell yourself LOL

I don't have to tell myself anything. If I leave I won't make an announcement because I know that the powers that be don't care. I'm just pointing out the thought process behind it.

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts
I don't have to tell myself anything. If I leave I won't make an announcement because I know that the powers that be don't care. I'm just pointing out the thought process behind it.
gotchya

It just cracks me up, "look at me, I'm so important I have to announce when I'm leaving"

No you don't, just leave LOL

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
the overlords know and expect a dip in users after "migration". they've seen it all before and flat out said as much when it was announced. the idea being that folks will join in later as google will give them back permission to appear in searches and such. hence why the "oops, we now own your shit and won't let you take it with you without a legal battle" is included in the upgrade. This site still gets more traffic from the tech base vs the daily users in chit-chat.

chit-chat may not be what it used to be, but the tech is still valid. hell, we probably lost more members during the password reset that were actually providing tech. some of those folks might make it back over, or maybe new folks will join now that the board is actually easier to navigate and host pictures and function. 🤷

·
Registered
805 Posts
It doesnt make sense

If you wanted to protest VS, the time to leave was years ago when the transfer happened, not now.

All youre protesting now is a software upgrade. Really? You want to use a 20 year old computer at home too?

Just wait it out, they have made and will make adjustments. Its in their interest to keep pbb alive. Lance sold the site, deal with it. Nobody is breaking up the community but the community itself.

Things change, thats life unfortunately, roll with it, make suggestions. Jeff seems to be responsive enough.

my .02

p.s. and the website is working better on my phone than it Ever has. This is from an IT guy. I had bunch of annoying issues with the old site. The look? Yeah that needw to be worked on

·
Random Dude
906 Posts
gotchya

It just cracks me up, "look at me, I'm so important I have to announce when I'm leaving"

No you don't, just leave LOL
Maybe they're giving you the courtesy of notification in case you're looking for them here.
Think outside your bias. Don't be such a smug cocksucker. Nobody's kicking your dog.

It doesnt make sense

If you wanted to protest . . .
You really don't get it. I'll lay it out for you in case you care.
This isn't a protest - it's walking away from a fucked situation.

The PBB that I joined is no longer available at this address.
Fortunately, it is still available. Simple supply and demand.

An acceptable alternative exists, and folks are exercising their option to bail.
VS could have preserved some of the OG feel, but said "fuck you, livestock".

This doesn't make you an idiot for staying. Hell, I encourage it :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
Maybe they're giving you the courtesy of notification in case you're looking for them here.
Think outside your bias. Don't be such a smug cocksucker. Nobody's kicking your dog.

An acceptable alternative exists, and folks are exercising their option to bail.

Bingo on both accounts.

·
Premium Member
20,128 Posts
Seems all the idiots are leaving because they can't deal with a software change.

This thing needs the :flipoff2: stuff back and it's perfect.

Blazing fast too. Easier to read.

Yea, of course I'll forever miss that old layout.

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts

It's virtue signaling, plain and simple. When this thread drops off page 1 in a day or 2 you think anyone is going to think "hmm, I wonder where Plym went, I should search and see if he let us know he was leaving"?

Hate to break it to you but the PBB that you joined in '14 was no longer "the" PBB

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts
The funny thing is that all these people who are proclaiming they're leaving are still here reading threads and then talking about it over there 😂 That place took no time to turn into the middle school girl gossip club.

BTW, somebody tell Scott over there I'm not from NJ, just had the unfortunate circumstance of living there 6 years

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It's virtue signaling, plain and simple. When this thread drops off page 1 in a day or 2 you think anyone is going to think "hmm, I wonder where Plym went, I should search and see if he let us know he was leaving"?

Hate to break it to you but the PBB that you joined in '14 was no longer "the" PBB
and that one from '14 wasn't the one I joined in '01. shit changes

·
Registered
24,194 Posts

Condescend much?

where-did-these-old-users-go.2699596/post-44928900

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
well if you're gonna run back over to the cool girls table reporting on things over here, be a peach and pass on my clarification to Scott.
poor wittle Joey got his feelers hurt

Why complain about the complainers, Joe?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts