Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys who have built your jeeps, how much spring sag did you get from initial height with tub only to finished build?
I'm using 3.5 inch bds springs and 4.3L engine if that matters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
I used 1.5" Rubicon Express six leaf packs on spring over. With just the tub, it was stupid tall. I could have put 40s on it. Now that its nearly complete, it squatted down maybe 4-5".

A few of the guys at WFO Concepts told me that I should expect another couple of inches. That will make the springs almost flat.

I don't know a thing about BDS springs. They may not sag, they may sag more. I doubt they make their own springs, but I could be wrong. If you have 3.5" springs, I have to assume you're sprung under.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I used superlift and I think they are 2-1/2". Five so six leaves.
I didn't really measure it to be sure but it seemed like it settled down three or four inches at first, and maybe another inch after some actual miles. I would say if you think it's too high don't worry, it's only going down from here.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used 1.5" Rubicon Express six leaf packs on spring over. With just the tub, it was stupid tall. I could have put 40s on it. Now that its nearly complete, it squatted down maybe 4-5".

A few of the guys at WFO Concepts told me that I should expect another couple of inches. That will make the springs almost flat.

I don't know a thing about BDS springs. They may not sag, they may sag more. I doubt they make their own springs, but I could be wrong. If you have 3.5" springs, I have to assume you're sprung under.
Yes, I'm spring under.

And yes, my first thought was way too tall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've got the 1-1.5" Superlift springs and didn't notice any sag pre/post build. But, my 47 isn't a heavyweight.

Now, I've got a noticeable lean on the driver's side, but I had that with the stock springs as well, but no measurable sag.

·
Registered
170 Posts
With the tub only, I wouldn't worry too much. It's very deceiving, you think it'll never settle, but it does. I also have RE 1.5" SOA springs that had a ton of arch, but start adding weight, and eventually wheel it and it comes down.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I haven't really noticed settling on my springs. Although admittedly I haven't taken any before and after measurements.

the only side it settles on is the driver side.... LOL can't get rid of the Willys Lean :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts