Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a friend brought me some of this brass...I think I need to build a rifle to shoot it...I will, of course, have to reload it myself...after I build a reloader to reload it...

Attachments

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
I need to find one of those for cheap/free. I have a shitload of odd/neat things and I want to make a windchime :laughing: mosin bayonets, mosin tools, FAL muzzle brakes, 20mm brass all make a pretty chime when struck :laughing:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Thats freakin sweet. I was thinkin' it would make a cool desktop trash can. What is the approximate weight? What is it made out of, aluminum?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Thats freakin sweet. I was thinkin' it would make a cool desktop trash can.
Or some form of beverage container. It is rimmed so it would work in a revolver without too much trouble, mite not make a good concealed carry weapon though.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Looks like the bottom half of a 105 or maybe a 120 shell casing.
The aftcap of a 120mm is only about 3" tall FYI the rest of the case is part of the powder and burns with everything else.

The 105mm are a solid case all the way up.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
105 blank and machined aluminum...I found that croquet balls fit nicely...some black powder should move them nicely...no rifling required...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
FYI The 120mm Heat rounds have that ingiter tube in then and the Sabot rounds do not :D

I miss the Armored Cav :smokin:

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,458 Posts
a friend brought me some of this brass...I think I need to build a rifle to shoot it...I will, of course, have to reload it myself...after I build a reloader to reload it...
So are ye gonna whimp out and put a heavy recoil pad, mecury recoil suppression and a recoil reducer on the barrel or man up and go with a steel crecent on the butt of the rifle and a heavier barrel when ye build for this? :D

D.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
The aftcap of a 120mm is only about 3" tall FYI the rest of the case is part of the powder and burns with everything else.

The 105mm are a solid case all the way up.
I am just a dumb grunt. Only ever seen live 120 rds.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
FYI The 120mm Heat rounds have that ingiter tube in then and the Sabot rounds do not :D

I miss the Armored Cav :smokin:
I think your wrong about that. Every aft cap I ever pulled off the tank after gunnery had the same stub on it and the only way to distinguish if it was a sabot or HEAT round was the number on the bottom. Here is another pic for reference. :p

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I may be your new supplier for 105 shell casings...........

We just bought 2, 105's and I am building the magazine buildings here at the ski area...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts