Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts or suggestions...........? I am planning on picking up the box tubing this weekend. My plans is to use 2 1/2"x 4" 1/8 wall box tubing for the main rails and 2 1/2"x3" for the front and rear crossmember. Build a tubular crossmember and build all various spring mounts. Anyone have any pics I may be able to use as a reference to get some additional ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated..... I will have pics as the project gets underway.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey Hey -

I made my CJ-5 frame pretty much that exact way. I have it in Solidworks and real-time, now:D . 2.5" x 4" box, .125 wall, 32" ctr-to-ctr all the way down the pike. I actually ganked my design from another PBB poster some time ago. I have digicam pics too. you can PM me, and I will email you what I have. Currently I have no means of posting pics, or I would have here.

Geesh

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Maybe you could try a search. I remember there was a large discussion about this right before the holidays. I even remember what thickness they were talking about using, but then that would defeat the purpose of telling you to search.

Then you could delete this post so that it doesn't fill up the database with the same question over and over and over...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts